General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

5 Somali Pirates Jailed Over Attack On US Navy Ship

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

At the very least we should send them Johnny Depp so he can show them how to dress like pirates.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
At the very least we should send them Johnny Depp so he can show them how to dress like pirates.
Yeah, what's up with the white t-shirt and shorts get up they're wearing? Where's there sense of commaradity?

Wasn't it Johnny Depp that launched a boat down in New Orleans to "help" out people stranded on roofs? And, didn't remember to put the boat plug in, so they had to turn around. Maybe we should send him over to Somalia with the same boat and he can help out the pirates. (No boat plugs incuded though.)

Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Wasn't it Johnny Depp that launched a boat down in New Orleans to "help" out people stranded on roofs? And, didn't remember to put the boat plug in, so they had to turn around.
hehe- I've done that. first time I borrowed my fil's 25' wellcraft I didn't remember to check the plug- I was rushing to back the 30'+ trailer down the ramp while everyone else with a boat was waiting for me to get the hell out of the way- I actually got a good few miles into the atlantic before the bilge alarm started buzzing- I had to jump in damn northern atlantic water is frigid in may!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by beergut
hehe- I've done that. first time I borrowed my fil's 25' wellcraft I didn't remember to check the plug- I was rushing to back the 30'+ trailer down the ramp while everyone else with a boat was waiting for me to get the hell out of the way- I actually got a good few miles into the atlantic before the bilge alarm started buzzing- I had to jump in damn northern atlantic water is frigid in may!
I did it once with our 14' aluminum boat up in VT. Realized it pretty quick. Didn't have to jump out.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why should anyone have rules of engagement against pirates? Terrorists of the sea. I see no repercussions.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beergut
Wonderful- just wonderful.

So, attack a US Navy ship and be rewarded with a life better then the one you had before... AND allow all the US citizens to pay for it

Can I punch my gooberment in the face NOW!

What a complete and total failure.

INO.com News - 5 Somali Pirates Jailed Over Attack On US Navy Ship

Life for them may not be so grand - Somalis tend to be short and skinny - perfect size for other prisoners looking for a "wife"....

Old 03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by nuckfutz
Terrorists of the sea.

Hmmm. We could can em, and sell them back as seafood.

Got this mental image of Charlie the Tuna holding an RPG on the label.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get it, why this hasn't been dealt with long ago.... we have satellites that can read your license plate on your car from space, but we can't find the base ships the pirates operate out of, send a cruise missle from 1000 miles away, boom, problem solved in minutes, all pirates are given notice, your ship is out on the water, it disappears, pretty simple if you ask me. But then, I'm not a big, important, intelligent politician or navy commander, they MUST know better, they are the experts, after all.......

Old 03-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by 95wolv
I don't get it, why this hasn't been dealt with long ago.... we have satellites that can read your license plate on your car from space, but we can't find the base ships the pirates operate out of, send a cruise missle from 1000 miles away, boom, problem solved in minutes, all pirates are given notice, your ship is out on the water, it disappears, pretty simple if you ask me. But then, I'm not a big, important, intelligent politician or navy commander, they MUST know better, they are the experts, after all.......
I'm sure it's not the Navy commanders who are calling the shots as far as rules of engagement goes. It probably comes all the way down from the very top, our heralded military leader and genius, Commander in Chief, Barrack Hussein Obama.

I miss Ronald Reagen....

Old 03-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Throw them overboard, let them swin to shore for 50 miles out.

Quick Reply: 5 Somali Pirates Jailed Over Attack On US Navy Ship