General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beergut
see! I told you 400exrider... people who drive dodge trucks in kentucky are delusional
lol

Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its more of a legal trail, club issue.
Snomo guys dont want us on their trails in the winter. Dirt bike guys dont want us on their trails in the summer. Snomo and db guys dont compete for the same trails. So both groups just pitch us under the bus.
I have never had issues with db guys on private trails.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
that's not a true statement at all! how dare they accuse me of littering on the trail! I always toss my litter into the woods!

jk

it's always been an issue as far back as I can remember- I've been in arguments with bikers on the trails because they didn't want me there

some trails systems are dedicated single track only, I'll stay off'em.
some trails are dedicated double track, and I get pissed when I see bikers on them.
If the trails don't mention single or double then it's open game. I've actually had bikers I can't ride the trails as I'm unloading my atv (franklin, mass) I'd just laugh and keep unloading the atv while they bitched under their breath (but loud enough for me to hear) about how atv'ers respect no one.

bikers say atv's take up the whole trail, atv'ers say bikers make too many ruts and destroy the trails.

it's all nonsense. I've had both bikes & atv's- as long as riders respect each other there should be no problems. I think it really comes down to the chevy or ford mentality (no sane person would drive a dodge, nissan or toyota )

even worse are the sledders & the atv'ers - that war is just down right brutal around here in the winter months, especially just after a new snowfall.

and forget about hunters- they hate everyone who farts too loud
I always enjoy reading your take on things BG! But you can't be more correct. Moose had a good comment, a little respect for each other goes a long way. Also, I've never seen anybody do more trail maintenance than ATV'rs. I'm always trimming branches and pulling knock downs off the trails. Another thing, have you taken a look at the new snowmobiles? Their front skis are as wide as our machines and the tracks are narrow and ride perfectly in the middle.
Now lets mention the real problem that screws up the trails. 4x4 trucks/jeeps. You can't ride in their tracks and the people who drive them leave more beer cans and trash then any of us ever will.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 400EXrider02
Yeah, I am just thankful for being able to ride, not everyone gets that opportunity. Hope I never develop any health problems later in life that will hinder my ability to ride, one reason I always ride very cautiously, I've heard many stories of riders getting paralyzed in crashes and never riding again.
.???

Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

Ok I've always ridden on private land so I wouldn't know. I have a quad but wound much prefer to ride my ATC (yup proof of insanity right there). Are 3 wheelers allowed on double track trails?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

A track owner told us once that he would rather have quads race than bikes. He says the bikes mess the track up.
He also said he'd never admit to saying that. LOL

Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Up here I havent really found that any group hates another group, but there is always tension between snowmobilers and quadders.

Quadders mess up the snowmobile trails in the winter, and in the spring by rutting the trails up (supposedly)

Ive recently come to learn that the quadders are also snowmobilers that take their quads out in the spring and maintain the sled trails for everyone.

People will be people, and people will whine.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

We had a case where our ATV club worked with the snowmobile group to rebuild 3 long bridges over the space of a couple years. Both times the ratio of workers was about 2/3 ATV riders, and 2/3 snowmobilers. Shortly after helping out on these huge projects a connector trail got closed. One of the reasons given was snowmobilers were badmouthing us to the landowner that owned the parcel this connector ran through. Went from having two good sized riding areas connected together to having two separate areas that you have to trailer to. Before we could ride one loop and come back into town for gas, food, bathroom, etc. and then ride the other loop.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

That's just plain cold Moose. You should have gone back and dropped a few trees on the trails!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Just sayin...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?