General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya let them fix that!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cudavic
That's just plain cold Moose. You should have gone back and dropped a few trees on the trails!
I have a disk in my back that seeps fluid. I still try to get out in the spring with a chainsaw to clear trees. I wouldn't do it in the fall anymore though, unless the trails are in good condition for winter riding up in Claremont. It has to be below freezing, and at least 6 inches of snow on the ground. In all my years of riding I still haven't gotten up there in the winter.

I used to work with the president of Sullivan County ATV a lot. New guy hardly contacts me. Their loss.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Just sayin...

Was tempting. Since hearing about the snowmobilers giving us a bad name, I don't check on their website for projects in the ATV season anymore.

I'd cry if someone burned those bridges down. I hurt for weeks after the day we did two bridges and the next year when we did another one on our own.

Of course, I got out on the trails in the spring to check for trees and got to the last bridge we built (replaced a weaker bridge that a guy in a Jeep Grand Cherokee broke which left him in a stream about 7' below that he coudn't get out of). The railings were all ripped up and broken. Learned the snowmobile club crashed the trail groomer into the railing. We had asked for input from them on the last bridge and they never got back to us. We brought in big blocks with an excavator and the operator decided where to put them. It was a bit more over than the snowmobile club wanted. Of course, they tell us this months after the project was done rather than before or during construction.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Just sayin...

Or you could just cut 3/4 of the way through the carrying beams and walk away.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
We had a case where our ATV club worked with the snowmobile group to rebuild 3 long bridges over the space of a couple years. Both times the ratio of workers was about 2/3 ATV riders, and 2/3 snowmobilers. Shortly after helping out on these huge projects a connector trail got closed. One of the reasons given was snowmobilers were badmouthing us to the landowner that owned the parcel this connector ran through. Went from having two good sized riding areas connected together to having two separate areas that you have to trailer to. Before we could ride one loop and come back into town for gas, food, bathroom, etc. and then ride the other loop.

That really sucks, especially after doing all that work.

Why cant people just get along eh? Wrecks it for everyone.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was tempting. Since hearing about the snowmobilers giving us a bad name, I don't check on their website for projects in the ATV season anymore.
that's the video my wife shows me to get me horny just before we go to bed

Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by jgar

Or you could just cut 3/4 of the way through the carrying beams and walk away.
Would need a torch or lots of Sawzall blades. Each bridge has 3 huge steel beams under it.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Would need a torch or lots of Sawzall blades. Each bridge has 3 huge steel beams under it.
Wow, you guys built a real bridge.... What a raw deal.
Hate to say it but club president or who ever was in charge should of had some kind of written contract or lease before equipment, labor and material were brought in. Do you feel this was a set-up?

Old 02-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by jgar
Wow, you guys built a real bridge.... What a raw deal.
Hate to say it but club president or who ever was in charge should of had some kind of written contract or lease before equipment, labor and material were brought in. Do you feel this was a set-up?
Don't know. The first reason given for the connector being closed was that the snowmobilers bad mouthed us. Second I heard was they didn't like the President of the ATV club at the time. But, after she retired and the guys I worked with the most became Pres. and Vice Pres. nothing changed. Also heard dirtbikers were a problem along with 2 stroke quads.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

Don't know. The first reason given for the connector being closed was that the snowmobilers bad mouthed us. Second I heard was they didn't like the President of the ATV club at the time. But, after she retired and the guys I worked with the most became Pres. and Vice Pres. nothing changed. Also heard dirtbikers were a problem along with 2 stroke quads.
Sorry to hear that, takes all kinds to spin the world. I wonder if it would help if your ATV club reached out to the Snomo club to open talks / negotiations as it were. Sometimes offering the olive branch works, other times it might get your welts from being smacked by it. But it might be worth a try if not already done.

good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?