General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?

I was never really aware of this raging war between quad and bike riders until I went from bike to quad. In my dirt bike days, I never had no problems with quads and don't understand why the majority of bike riders do? Only valid point I have found is that quads destroy ruts in tracks, that is about it. Some of the kids I rode with before on bikes now kind of resent me for getting a quad, we still ride, but they don't offer me to come along with them anymore, I have to ask. What's the deal? Do they think that because they have 2 tires that they are better? I know for a fact it takes more skill to ride a bike, did it for about a decade before the quad, but that does not mean that I was a better rider than a quad rider. I just wish we all could get along, idc what people ride, as long as they ride. I see bike riders as another person I may be able to go out and hit the trails with, not a enemy. I've browsed around on lots of bike forums, and they stereotype us quad riders as being helmetless, beer drinking, drunken idiots that litter all over the trails. I've been riding since I was 5 years old and never saw anything quite like that, see lots of guys without helmets, but never guys that ride under the influence or litter beer cans everywhere.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:20 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 400EXrider02
I've browsed around on lots of bike forums, and they stereotype us quad riders as being helmetless, beer drinking, drunken idiots that litter all over the trails.
that's not a true statement at all! how dare they accuse me of littering on the trail! I always toss my litter into the woods!

jk

it's always been an issue as far back as I can remember- I've been in arguments with bikers on the trails because they didn't want me there

some trails systems are dedicated single track only, I'll stay off'em.
some trails are dedicated double track, and I get pissed when I see bikers on them.
If the trails don't mention single or double then it's open game. I've actually had bikers I can't ride the trails as I'm unloading my atv (franklin, mass) I'd just laugh and keep unloading the atv while they bitched under their breath (but loud enough for me to hear) about how atv'ers respect no one.

bikers say atv's take up the whole trail, atv'ers say bikers make too many ruts and destroy the trails.

it's all nonsense. I've had both bikes & atv's- as long as riders respect each other there should be no problems. I think it really comes down to the chevy or ford mentality (no sane person would drive a dodge, nissan or toyota )

even worse are the sledders & the atv'ers - that war is just down right brutal around here in the winter months, especially just after a new snowfall.

and forget about hunters- they hate everyone who farts too loud

Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There jealous that they can not carry along a cooler of ice and beer, when they take a trail break all they can do is stare at each other.

Also there jealour how we can come to a full stop and not tip over.

Don,t litter ,throw deep.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

never have that problem here in missouri. Everyone seems to wave and be respectful to each other. the atvs usually move over or stop for the bikes simply b/c its easier for atvs to come to a stop rather than a bike if we ever meet up on a hill or tight spot.
I dont understand the anger either? whats the difference,were all having fun and enjoying the outdoors. Plus if a bike gets stuck somewhere and an atv comes by,they will be thankful for a pull out. i guess it goes the same for snowboarders and skiers. they seem to hate each other for some dumb reason too. cant figure it out. who cares what each person rides,bunch of babies!!!! ha

Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 400EXrider02
I've browsed around on lots of bike forums, and they stereotype us quad riders as being helmetless, beer drinking, drunken idiots that litter all over the trails.
I don't ride with anybody that I know of anything like that. The bikers probably wouldn't bring beer along simply because there's no room for a cooler. They aren't that different.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mudslinginfool
never have that problem here in missouri. Everyone seems to wave and be respectful to each other. the atvs usually move over or stop for the bikes simply b/c its easier for atvs to come to a stop rather than a bike if we ever meet up on a hill or tight spot.
I dont understand the anger either? whats the difference,were all having fun and enjoying the outdoors. Plus if a bike gets stuck somewhere and an atv comes by,they will be thankful for a pull out. i guess it goes the same for snowboarders and skiers. they seem to hate each other for some dumb reason too. cant figure it out. who cares what each person rides,bunch of babies!!!! ha
I also could care less what people ride as long as we all behave in a way that the trails will stay open. Beergut and I even saw a guy with an amphibious 6 wheeler a couple times out on the trails. Ride what you have and enjoy the day. Help others out as needed. Take your trash back out of the woods with you. Be courteous to horseback riders, bikers, and hikers. It's amazing how a little diplomacy goes a long way.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I am just thankful for being able to ride, not everyone gets that opportunity. Hope I never develop any health problems later in life that will hinder my ability to ride, one reason I always ride very cautiously, I've heard many stories of riders getting paralyzed in crashes and never riding again.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can think of of a couple good reasons for quad riders to be POed about bikers, but not the other way around.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM

Bg-i am sane and drive a dodge!!! Cummins tops any chevy/ford/import.

I ride a quad- no problem with the bikes here... not many of them. Cant stand sxs's though. They cut the trails when it gets to rough for them.. Most people that ride them drink, littler, mess up the trails, and are old and fat

Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
Bg-i am sane and drive a dodge!!! Cummins tops any chevy/ford/import.

I ride a quad- no problem with the bikes here... not many of them. Cant stand sxs's though. They cut the trails when it gets to rough for them.. Most people that ride them drink, littler, mess up the trails, and are old and fat

see! I told you 400exrider... people who drive dodge trucks in kentucky are delusional

Quick Reply: Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?