ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Susuki King Quad Squeaky front end. Please help! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/365483-susuki-king-quad-squeaky-front-end-please-help.html)

Ahtatu 09-28-2015 08:20 AM

Susuki King Quad Squeaky front end. Please help!

Hey guys, :o
Gotta a question for all you Susuki owners. My 2014 King Quad is only 8 months old, (325miles). It started making a squeaking noise from the right front tire.
Now it does it when I bounce the bike (in park), move it back and forth (in park), and when Im riding down the road......but doesnt do it all the time. What in the world could this be? (It did seem to stop for a few days, when I sprayed PB blaster on all the seals.

Scooter86 09-28-2015 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ahtatu (Post 3301849)
Hey guys, :o
Gotta a question for all you Susuki owners. My 2014 King Quad is only 8 months old, (325miles). It started making a squeaking noise from the right front tire.
Now it does it when I bounce the bike (in park), move it back and forth (in park), and when Im riding down the road......but doesnt do it all the time. What in the world could this be? (It did seem to stop for a few days, when I sprayed PB blaster on all the seals.

It is likely a bushing that needs lube. It may help to get a friend to move the machine while you listen and try to find the location. These areas generally need grease. PB Blaster is a bad idea as it probably isn't the best lubricant and I suspect it will be hard on any rubber or plastic seals over time.

Ahtatu 09-28-2015 09:03 AM

Thank you very much. Yes I wasnt a fan of the PB Blaster either, after reading everything on the can. I called the macanics at the Susuki shop also, and they said its possibley a bushings as well.
Due to the fact Ive preasure washed it after mudding, I could have gotten water inside one of those bushings and causing the problem.

panicmanic 09-28-2015 09:35 AM

white lithium grease in sraycan might be the ticket

Ahtatu 09-28-2015 09:43 AM

Awsome! I have some of that also...:-) Thank you

panicmanic 09-28-2015 09:50 AM

just curious, what size KQ?

Ahtatu 09-28-2015 09:51 AM

Its a 500....4X4

panicmanic 09-28-2015 10:16 AM

nice machine! if it was in the budget i would have gone with the KQ500, ended up with the KQ400 instead. no regrets

Ahtatu 09-28-2015 10:34 AM

Oh, yeah! I figured since I was a beginner, that it might be too much bike for me, but I think I chose well. Its awsome in the mud and hills! No lack in power, and the ride and handling is pretty smooth also! I have rode Can-Ams, and Polaris before, but not much. So wasnt sure how Id like the KQ, but so far, other then this annoying squeak...I LOVE IT! ��

panicmanic 09-28-2015 12:14 PM

i had a vinson 500, similar platform, but with SRA. i think it is the same motor as the KQ500. plenty of power and durable as well. enjoy your new quad. happy trails!