General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

SS Camaro - Track trips, build pics etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 01:04 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to look up 2step to see what it does. Interesting. One of my friends would know about it for sure but he's a gearhead and I'm not. He and his wife both have GTOs, somewhere around 1968 models. He's getting his out of the garage and putting some miles on it this summer. I'm surprised he's actually going to be driving it again instead of just having sit there next to hers in the garage, but that's what it was built for. His is light blue, maybe the original color, and hers is a gold convertible.

Old 05-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the old lady out for a $100 outback lunch. Birthday lunch and she deserves it, a truly good woman.

Bought an ebay gt45, no clue why, maybe we will put it on the yukon tow bitch.

The guy I sold my old turbo kit to crushed the cold side pipe. So we are doing him a solid and fixing it for him.

Got hptuners, obd2, and 110v outlet on the passenger side. Actually took it out today and remembered the shocks were loose after I thought the rear end was gonna fall out of the car. But she went down the road and made it back home under her own power. I call that a win. Wrapped the 110v in padding cause I'm just gonna put it under the carpet when not in use.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Be Cool 35005. The issue is ground clearance.

Though the old setup fits perfect, but you could see it from the front, and I was worried about it hitting anything, the trailer, something in the road, etc. Couldn't even clear a soda can.

So quickly, the old radiator is about 28x19. The Be Cool is 28x16. So we trimmed about 3 inches from the height, which my goal is to make into ground clearance. I had the old set of fans which were pushers, and about 2 to 3 inches trimmed off the top of the shroud. Except they didn't fit.

After some trimming we got them to lay flat.

It also had no provision for a cylinder head coolant line, so we drilled that.

Fan tabs welded, coolant line welded.

Comparison.

Tried to stay with the original theme, single upper hold down bracket. I raised the lower bracket a few inches.

Current ground clearance. It's obviously much better, and no longer the lowest point in the front. Could probably stack two cans under the radiator now.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Its hot. When It's not hot, it's rainy. Besides the BS we still are making progress. Boost Leash is on order, and it needs air.

Viair 10000.

It filled it's own tires today. Regulator is capped BC the controller is back-ordered for 2 weeks.

Yard pics.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Local track has been shutdown for quite a while. Today the new managers decided to open it up for TNT so to speak. I spent the morning working on the car and decided let's do it. I'm still waiting on the Boost Leash controller so I'm on the wastegate springs, 7psi, no boost controller. The goal here is to just get down the track and see what goes wrong. I wasn't sure if it would leak, blow up, not shift, etc. It was on 19 degrees of timing, 7 psi, 3200 two step rpm. This was no prep, no time. Pro bracket radials had 20 psi in them and they felt as sketchy as full slicks IMO. Outside temps were 95. IATs went from 100 star to 120 end of the pass. Trans temp went from 150-190 during the day.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Quick little update and a temp delay. First, Ms Jane posted the pic she took at the track the other day, go like her page on FB, she takes good starting line pics.

https://www.facebook.com/Jane-Baker-...0799948220011/

Also another little short clip/pass from two weeks ago located in the middle of this longer video.

So the track decided to have a formal reopening friday night, prep and I think they got one side of the timing system going. Here is the video:

However, I was not there. I found a deal I couldnt pass up and skipped the track.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

On board air and boost leash is installed and working well.

Went to load the car and there was a massive exhaust leak.....

Tubular front came in handy. 1 hour fix and the track day wasn't ruined.

Tow bitch doing what she does.

I just wanna do race car **** with my race car friends.

Monkey business.

Long story short, one of the walbro 450s died. One pump, 12 psi on e85, 10.3 @ 90mph letting off after the 8th. Man she felt good though. New pump and we will try again.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

8ish track passes, and one driveway burnout.....WTF

Tired of fixing the same stuff. Ordered vibrant slip joints.

Solid mounts, solid slip joints, let's see what breaks next!!! The ICT billet mounts fit great btw, highly recommended.