General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2007 Artic Cat Dvx 400 spark plugs?

Old 03-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I just got to reading on line. If the petcock has malfunctioned and cannot be fixed a new one is around $120
would a malfunctioning petcock allow too much fuel through and cause my quad to run too rich or is it just a valve that is Either flowing or isn't. I guess if that doesn't make sense does the petcock regulate the flow of fuel to the carb via the vacuum line?
i am thinking about trying to find an old style valve ( ON, OFF, RES compared to ON, PRI, and RES) for $7-$10 online that lines up with my original holes and just capping off the opposing end of the vacuum line at the carb would this work ?

Old 03-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Fuel valve regulates the flow to the carb,but if the carb needle and seat are working ok,shutting off fuel at the correct level,shouldn't matter what position you have it on.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Itook apart the carb and it was unbelievably clean. I went through everything to make sure it was operating fine and it was in great condidition. I started it up and it would idle fine but if I tapped the throttle it would act like it was going into a high idle. Any ideas?
when I put the plastics back on I accidentally broke the neck on my coolant overflow tank and it cracked right down the side of the tank so I had to order one of those. So I won't know what else to do until I get some coolant back in the machine.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Slide sticking in the carb,air leak around the intake manifold could cause this.When this happens spray a little wd 40 around the intake manifold and see if the idle changes.