General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Yamaha blaster Clutch Lever

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha blaster Clutch Lever

Hey guys, I finished my rebuilt on my yamaha blaster, everything works great EXCEPT the clutch lever. When i put in the clutch to go from neutral to first, it goes in gear but automatically just stalls itself. It doesn't give me time to release the clutch and give it gas so it just stalls out as if i dumped the clutch with no gas. the clutch lever It's incredibly loose, i can seriously just tap it and it will go in, it doesn't really spring back either. I think the spring on the actuator isn't grabbing to return it, so is it just that that i need to replace? any ideas?

Old 05-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you replace the clutch plates? If not or even if you did they may be sticking causing it to jump in gear. Should have about 1/4" play at the lever before you feel tension on the clutch. If it's just a sticking problem you may get it rolling first,then ride it and pull the clutch lever several times as you go through the gears and see if the clutch plates loosen up.If that doesn't help then sounds like you need to check into the clutch and actuator itself.