General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Scrambler 2x4 2001 ???? Polaris people

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler 2x4 2001 ???? Polaris people

How could I get the junk off the motor too it's dirty, and can I paint exhaust?? If so what color you recommend
Dirty dirty motor. The guy before me didn't love it like I do.

What do I oil them gears with and what kind of chain oil to use
why would Polaris a little black box with four wires right on the nose of this?? Wires are running over it and sometimes front end plastic pinches wire.

My current tires are, f 23x7x10 r 22x11x10 shouldn't hurt nothing should it or slow me down, my front tires are new thinking about going to Walmart and grabbing some new rear tires . What size should I get? I wanna go wider with my wheels also, what size should I get to make them wider it has a perfect stance right now and love how it looks just need new ones and wider. Also busted my upper and bushing string console little orangish rubber ring that goes around steering post does auto zone sell anything I could do a quick fix with? And my rear brakes are barely working but pads don't look so bad they could still be stopping but don't front ones work perfect. Best automatic I've rode, take off is stupid crazy and will stand straight up. What do people do to build these up quicker and what do they take off for weight reduction but nothing to hurt it.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sorry

Didn't mean to ask so many questions but I'm new to this and just want the best advice and every time I google something it goes wrong so I'm asking for your help. Thanks to everybody who answers my questions or at least some if you don't feel like answering all

Old 05-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tires - Why wider? If traction is an issue all you need are more aggressively lugged tires as that motor can easily pull them. I'd stay away from wider since the swing-arm on these can be a bit fragile and increased width can cause increased stress (think longer pipe on wrench to create torque).

Rear Brake - could be as simple as an adjustment (there's a bolt & jam nut somewhere for adjustment)...if not that then you'll need to re-bleed (I highly suggest a Mighty-Vac)...if still not working then the caliper needs to bet pulled and inspected.

Performance - that depends on your budget. Just remember that this is basically a sled on wheels, so any significant power/RPM changes will require clutch tuning to make the most of it...

Not sure about the bushing thing...a pic would help...

Lastly - I'd highly suggest a manual...they can be found for download on the cheap...

Old 05-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like there's a little **** where the pull start handle should be. AAEN Performance has a lot of goodies for Polaris 500 4-strokes and 400 2-strokes. Is that a 400 or 500? Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV 500
Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV Scrambler 400

Old 05-19-2017, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Here ya go here's a picture

Here's the orange thing it was cracked all over and fell out I super glued it and it all back together for a temporary fix while riding around my yard but scares me about doing wheelies don't wanna bust my steering post
Does autozone sell something I could replace these ones with? Polaris is a good drive for me in mt orab Ohio, need to find a better place to get my stuff around here. No quad shops near me an it sucks. A 45-60 min drive to Polaris

t

Old 05-19-2017, 01:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default And another few questions before I stop with this forum

And what do you clean your atv engine with for when it's all greased and dried up mud and mud stains?? My motor is super hard to get cleaned. Also always spray the motor and everything else down with hose, some people say it hurts them, this won't hurt anything will it? And could I just get me a cheap exhaust tip to throw on it for better sound??? Don't wanna damage my motor tho I don't know much I'm sorry for all the questions but you guys are so much help you don't know how much I appreciate the answers and what's a few cheap mods I could do to get this thing quicker and lighter

Old 05-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Simple Green and a hose end sprayer will get rid of a lot of the grease and dirt. Get this manual to learn more about service repairs and maintenance. https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail....-repair-manual Online sources such as Partzilla,Cycle Parts Warehouse,Cheap Cycle Parts are good for many parts. Small items like the steering post bushings are actually cheaper to get from the dealer when you considering shipping charges from most sites. If you don't live close to one just order them.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For cleaning I use something called S100...it's not cheap but it's the best cleaner/degreaser I've found. I never pressure wash...regular hose is more than enough to get the mud off...

Maintenance is key on these machines...lots of grease fittings...hit then often...