General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2007 Polaris Trail Boss 330

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Polaris Trail Boss 330

My mom has a 2007 polaris trail boss that she had borrowed to my sister's family to use (her, her husband and their teenage son). It has sat for over a year and no one seemed interested in riding it anymore. My mom thought it best to just sell it but when she got it back 3 days ago we were shocked at it's condition. First of all it wouldn't start which I'm sure is normal after sitting so long. But then we started noticing other things. The chain was VERY loose. The foot panel or foot rest (whatever it's called) on the right side is totally busted up. There seems to be quite a bit of tape underneath holding the plastic frame together. The recoil starter is broken, the cord doesn't recoil back in. The face to the gas gauge is completely gone. We figured we have to get it to start to see if anyone would even care to look at it. We bought a new battery and it started right up. We also tightened the chain. Once it was running we noticed electrical issues like the headlights don't work. the lighted panel that displays what gear it's in doesn't work. Then we realized the foot brake doesn't work. And once we shut it off, the brake light won't turn off. We had the ignition off, key out, light switch off and the brake light was still on! So I guess my question is, is this 4 wheeler worth fixing/selling or is it ready for the dump?