General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

06 sportsman HO efi

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 sportsman HO efi

my 06 sportsman efi HO has recently started bogging down and sputtering and it only happens at about 3000 rpm ... I have changed the plug , oil , cleaned the intake breather and cleaned the carb ... someone said it may be the online fuel filter ... before I bought a new one and install it I thought I would reach out since it seems there is lots of info and knowledge here in this forum ... any help is appreciated ...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Read the sticky post above the Polaris expert section on 700/800 efi problems which includes the 500 efi also. Most of the problems like this are wiring related and this sounds just like what the t-bap wiring or connector would do. Erratic idle,back firing at low rpm. Would run better above an idle.Check for any bare or soft feeling wires on the t-bap harness or tps harness leading into the main wiring loom. Like the manuals say 80% of efi problem are wiring related.Pins could also pull back a little from the connectors making it hard to trace down problems. Also codes may or may not appear which makes it more frustrating. There are better repair harnesses available than what Polaris has that would continue to fail if you can determine that's the cause.https://otbpowersports.com/products/