General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Carry Two

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carry Two

What manufacture make a ATV for two people?

Old 11-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Arctic Cat, Can Am and Polaris. Here's a picture of my AC 700 TRV XT EPS. I love it! My AC 700 Diesel is also a 2 Rider Vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails Carry Two-p1010272.jpg  
Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Some models are called UTV's or better known as a side x side!! Steering wheels are much easier than handlebars........

Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Some models are called UTV's or better known as a side x side!! Steering wheels are much easier than handlebars........
You have a point there! However, I have a soft spot for a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. No bad choices, Honda Pioneer is another favorite of mine.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think many people think utvs are way too expensive. Yes the 1000cc machines like a Rzr XP 1000 or Maverick 1000 are even used but the smaller displacement machines are much less expensive. The Kymco 450i and Arctic Cat Prowler 500, which are essentially the same machines except for plastic, are around $7000-$7500 brand new. Since Textron bought Arctic Cat, most dealers are trying to sell off the remaining Arctic Cat inventory at nice discounts. They are definitely wider than an atv and you would need more space to store and a trailer to haul but I think it would be more comfortable to ride as a passenger in a utv instead of a 2up atv. Older utv models you could look at would be the original Polaris Rzr 800 and Ranger models, Yamaha Rhino models and Kawasaki Teryx. The Rhino 660 especially can be found in good shape for around $5000 or so.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

As said, for ride ON ATV's it's Arctic Cat, Polaris, and Can-Am.

I don't know much about Arctic Cat.

Polaris has a very comfortable smooth ride, lots of on board storage options, and a quieter CVT (belt transmission that all the makers have except for Honda).

Can-Am has more space behind the passenger seat for cargo boxes and gear, a pretty smooth ride, and great engines. Their CVT is noisier than most.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Fact is, there are no bad choices, between Cat, CanAm and Polaris. You can get one with a relatively small motor in the 500 cc class or a screaming, scare the snot out of you machine in the 1000 cc class. My 700 Cat is fast enough for me, but I wouldn't turn down a 1000 cc one. The Cat TRV rides firm, better with 2 250 lb fat guys, but definitely firmer than a Polaris. I haven't ridden a Can Am, but I would have bought one if I hadn't got such a good deal on the Cat. No regrets.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Textron isn't making any 2-up ATVs but some Arctic Cats are still available. All 3 brands of 2-up ATVs are from 46"-48" wide. Some of the UTVs I looked at are around 60" wide which can make a difference in what trails you can ride. Even if you don't have to go through a 50" wide gate to get on the trail, there may be narrow places. And there have been times I had to duck under trees that weren't much over the handlebars. A UTV more than 2' taller would have to turn around and go somewhere else. As long as I ride ATV trails I'll be doing it on an ATV.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Textron isn't making any 2-up ATVs but some Arctic Cats are still available. All 3 brands of 2-up ATVs are from 46"-48" wide. Some of the UTVs I looked at are around 60" wide which can make a difference in what trails you can ride. Even if you don't have to go through a 50" wide gate to get on the trail, there may be narrow places. And there have been times I had to duck under trees that weren't much over the handlebars. A UTV more than 2' taller would have to turn around and go somewhere else. As long as I ride ATV trails I'll be doing it on an ATV.

I used to feel the same way...ATV's forever...until I actually tried a UTV. Not interested in the monster wide and high HP models, however my 450i is near perfect for me. at only 56" wide at the widest point most trails are very doable and I prefer the tree branches get moved out of the way by the roll cage rather than my face or head. I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and steering the atv handlebars was becoming a chore, which is what led me to looking at UTV's in the first place. We tried a two up atv and the wife did not like it, but she really likes the UTV. My old Kawasaki praire had a loud cvt belt, but my Kymco is very quiet. I have been reformed to the UTV side and no regrets....LOL

Old 11-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
According to Textron, they offer the Alterra 500, 700 and 700 XT EPS as TRV but no TRV 1000. Kinda stupid to stop making the 1000 imho.

Quick Reply: Carry Two