General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Least noisy ATV on the market?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Least noisy ATV on the market?

I'm looking for the quietest gas powered ATV on the market which I will equip with an after market silencer. Of course I don't expect something that will as quiet as the Ranger EV, just looking to get as quiet as possible on a rig that runs on gas. Use will be at lower speeds rig so major power isn't important.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Quietest that I've ever ridden, my Arctic Cat 700 TRV before I gutted out the muffler and replaced the super restrictive air box with a K&N type filter. It's still quiet. I suspect you could wrap the header pipe and lay some sound insulation on top of the large air box. Then use the clamp on silencer. Other than testing with a decibel meter, you'll never know.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only really noisy ones I know of are the ones with aftermarket exhausts. It will be interesting to find out what other people have to say.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

ATVs seem pretty darn noisy to me. I did come across a Honda that was quieter than I expected but I don't remember the model.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Go to Amazon or eBay, look for a decibel meter. Around $20. Report back what you find. Honestly, I don't think most people can judge sound pressure levels very accurately. When I bought my AC Diesel, I thought it was terribly loud, now it sounds cool as heck.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Stay away from the twin cyl models they all are louder and have a (to me) nice tone to them. I find all units around the 500 and lower are pretty quiet. Don't think adding aftermarket anything is going to make it any more quiet as thats not what they are designed for.
If you want quiet go for electric. One of the manufacturers just released a electric sxs thats faster than anything on the market

Old 12-30-2017, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll be adding something like - https://www.atvsilencer.com/

Old 12-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're all way too loud for me , no reason they can't be as quiet as my truck - no reason you should hear a atv 1/4 mile away in the woods !

Old 12-31-2017, 12:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From my experience, it seems like Hondas are the quietest. Of course in atvs, they have no twin cylinder models available and the the utility atvs make modest power compared to other manufacturers models in the same class. I've owned both a Rancher 350 and Recon and they were both pretty quiet. Like Frank said, aftermarket exhausts do add quite a bit of extra noise and really very little increase in power. I guess if you were racing and couple extra hp were needed to be competitive but that's about the only time I could see it would really be necessary.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:28 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseDirt
I'll be adding something like - https://www.atvsilencer.com/
Interesting... personally i hate the design i would destroy that the first day out due to its mount location. Looks like it reviews well

Originally Posted by Yooper265
They're all way too loud for me , no reason they can't be as quiet as my truck - no reason you should hear a atv 1/4 mile away in the woods !
Don't know what your listing to but all the guys we ride with that have their stock pipes on we can leave all the machines running and easily hold a conversation. Even riding we are not loud.. Now those guys with the performance pipes and have it pinned at all times are just a joke. Iv chased a few down and told them to have a little respect as we were on private property. They sounded like a V8 with open pipes..

Quick Reply: Least noisy ATV on the market?