General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

02ish Yamaha warrior 350 clutch problems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 12:00 PM
B56
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02ish Yamaha warrior 350 clutch problems!

Hi guys, new to the forum here, and also new to the warrior.
I rebuilt a 350 engine for a friend after he disintegrated his cam chain and in turn crank bearings.
At this point I feel it’s worth noting that the quad ran fine before this.
I’ve just sealed up the cases and got the engine back into the quad and now the clutch won’t engage, as soon as I pull in the clutch and put it into first it’s just stalling, it’s like I’m jamming it into gear. I took the clutch case off and set the little toothed drum properly to engage with the clutch hub itself, which should in turn push the clutch plates apart and allow it to start slipping, but still nothing. I’ve tried the cables, re torqued the clutch springs, checked the fibres and steels were all in order, still no luck. Anybody got any ideas?
I’ve read through the haynes manual countless times and find nothing, and checked the parts diagram to see if I’m missing anything and I’m not. Also the clutch basket isn’t grooved but it does have a weld around the centre where the shaft comes through, told my friend to replace but he’s a bit cheap. Also the clutch pack itself has play within the basket itself forward and back between the hub, maybe 25mm or so but all the parts are there, could this be the source of my troubles?
thanks for the help guys!

Old 11-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey B56, I'm new here too. I saw your post, and thought I'd chime in to advise you to post it in the Yamaha section. If you look at the top of general chat they say it's not the best place to post asking for tech advice etc. Hope this helps. All the best!