General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Considering new SXS-price negotiation

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The Textron 500 is the same machine as the Kymco 450i with Textron decals on them. If you can find a Kymco dealer you might even do better. These are well built machines, but on a smaller scale. I like to call them compact UTV's. I have a 2015 model that has been excellent. These are workhorse machines not performance or racing SxS's. 900 plus miles and O issues.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
The Textron 500 is the same machine as the Kymco 450i with Textron decals on them. If you can find a Kymco dealer you might even do better. These are well built machines, but on a smaller scale. I like to call them compact UTV's. I have a 2015 model that has been excellent. These are workhorse machines not performance or racing SxS's. 900 plus miles and O issues.
It would appear that is the type of utv he has in mind. The Prowler was actually cheaper locally here. We do have a Kymco dealer about 30 miles away but they basically list everything at retail price. The Textron dealer advertises many of the models at a discounted price on their website. It just depends on where you live, Kymco dealers aren't everywhere like Polaris dealers are.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:22 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
It would appear that is the type of utv he has in mind. The Prowler was actually cheaper locally here. We do have a Kymco dealer about 30 miles away but they basically list everything at retail price. The Textron dealer advertises many of the models at a discounted price on their website. It just depends on where you live, Kymco dealers aren't everywhere like Polaris dealers are.
The nearest Kymco dealer for me is 37 miles away and only takes 38 minutes to get to since it's almost all freeway. But less than halfway there I would pass a Polaris dealer. The dealer I go to is 19 miles away, which is farther away than that one, but they both take 22 minutes to get to. The Polaris dealer 2 miles away closed and the one 10 miles away closed that location and quit selling ATVs, so those 2 are the closest. Kymco dealer = 74 miles round trip. Polaris dealers = 35 or 37.9 mile round trips. I could drive to one Polaris dealer and back home, then to the other one and back, and still drive a mile less than one round trip to the Kymco dealer. For me personally, if I was getting a 2-seat UTV of one of those 2 brands, I'd get the 44 HP Polaris 570 and forget about the 500, and the 33 HP Kymco 450. The Kymco dealer has the 2018 450i for $7,999.00-$10,399.00 depending on which version you get. Both Polaris dealers have brand new 2019 Ranger 500s in stock but don't list the prices. I can call or email for a quote. MSRP is $8,999 but they have a $300 rebate so the actual price may be close to the Kymco base model's price. Besides being a year newer the Polaris has Versa-Trac Turf Mode and 300 pounds higher towing capacity. They're close in most respects but the Polaris has a bigger gas tank and higher box capacity. The size, power, and most other things are so close it comes down to things like brand preference, dealer location, price, etc. Kymco claims 1 more horse from their 443cc engine than the 500cc Polaris. The 500 is de-tuned down to 32 HP, about 10% less than my ATV, so it is possible.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Textron dealer is my closest, only 6 miles away. Also a Yamaha and Suzuki dealer. They always have a lot of used units in stock too. They also sell used cars and trucks and utility trailers. Kioti tractors as well.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:31 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never heard of KIOTI tractors before and had to look them up. They're made by a Korean company called Daedong Industrial Company, Ltd. that uses the name KIOTI in North America and Europe. I learned something new today. Anytime I learn something new the day hasn't been a complete waste. They make 22 HP and 24 HP diesel UTVs too. I could be at one of their dealers in under 40 minutes.

When I searched Textron Off Road's website for a dealer nearby they sent me to a Bass Pro Shop store. They have a bunch of boats, and another button to search for Textron dealers. After going around and around and around, the Bass Pro Shop store's website showed a page that said they sell Textron ATVs and UTVs. I could be there in 35 minutes.

My nearest ATV dealer now is 10 miles away and sells Can-Am, Honda and Kawasaki ATVs, and Triton trailers to haul them on. I haven't been there in quite a while.