General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

A lot to be Thankful for!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 11:53 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seeing the pics of stuck snowmobiles brings back some not so good memories, and one funny one. One time I was riding across one of my uncle's fields in the U.P. There were places he didn't cut the hay and there was so much snow you couldn't tell where it was cut and where it wasn't. I was cruising along when all of a sudden the bottom dropped out. There was snow on top of the hay but it didn't go all the way to the ground. I was walled in and it took a while to clear a path to get back out. That was the pits, or rather, a pit. Like a trapping pit for animals, with camouflage on top.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my!!! God evidently was not finished with you yet. Your will to fight is an inspiration. Thank you for your well wishing for Julie, she is absolutely incredible, I know her faith has given her the strength to deal with this for the past 5 years. She has been an incredible witness to many people. Hers is a very rare form of cancer and she has had two procedures at MD Anderson in Houston. It was called Hipec chemotherapy, the slang term for it is "Shake and Bake." Because her appendix had ruptured, her cancer had spread into her abdomen and into her internal organs, They twice took her into surgery, opened her up literally pulled her organs out and removed all the cancer they could find then poured liquid chemo into her body cavity put her organs back in poured chemo all over her organs, closed her back up then put her on a table that rocked slowly in rotating circles for 90 minutes, opened her back and suctioned the chemo out, closed her back up let her recover for a few days then sent her home with her insides burnt to shreds, giving her no hope or time frame as to how long she had. They had dates for her to come back for checkups, which she did, that was 5 years ago, she had that procedure done again about 2 years ago and they told her that was the last time she should have it. When they discovered the lump they did chemo and scheduled a 3rd Hipec treatment but the lump they found it didn't shrink so she just said no to anymore treatments of any kind. That was back in August, so far nothing has advanced adn't further so she is just waiting to see what/when it happens. To look at her it would appear that there isn't a thing wrong with her. But she has determined that God is not finished with her yet either so she id's going to continue to live life, so we will live it with her and just watch what the Lord does. It is great that you are giving back and helping others. She is doing the same thing with the time she has left. We really are truly thankful she is still here with us and that we get to that we get to share these awesome outdoor adventures with her and her husband. Glad you get to enjoy where you live as well.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

Also am I missing something? I didn't see a link, LOL, I'll check the thread on my computer instead of my phone.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Julie is amazing. Too many people with cancer don't understand that you need to continue to enjoy life as much as possible. Too many people give up right from the beginning because they have cancer. Cancer thrives on hate and fear.

One of my close friends neighbors was scheduled to go to TX for the Hipec treatment. He is an older gentleman and has had a difficult struggle for the last few years and chose not to got ahead with the treatment. He feels what he would have to go thru at his age and the chance of really increasing his quality of life wasn't worth it. He may only be here for a very short period of time. Truly a sad deal.

I was dating a girl a few years back and one evening at dinner after a radiation treatment she looked at me and asked, "WHY are you in such a good mood?" I asked her, "why shouldn't I be?" She said, "look at what you are going thru, you have cancer and the cancer is in your brain!!". I laughed, "so?? look at what they are doing for me - its soo amazing and I'm here with you happy and healthy!".

She asked if I had ever seen The Secret which I hadn't. She told me it was about staying positive and bringing good things into our lives by being grateful for the things that we do have and feeling only positive thoughts. So I bought a copy and watched it, in fact I'v watched it several time. I am a very positive person to begin with but what it did do for me was made me more aware of my thoughts so I had even more control over them.

I have several copies. I buy them directly from the distributor in OR. She give me a killer deal because of what I do with them, I "share" The Secret with others.

My volunteer work at the hospital gives me the opportunity to spend time with a lot of patients and if the time is right and this is the direction our conversation goes I give them a copy of their own for them to watch.

If you would like, I would be more than happy to send you a copy for Julie, and one for you too. Its not a religious thing. Just send me your address in a PM And I will get them in the mail the next day. If not no worries.

LOL, sorry about the link. I looked it up and copied it and just forgot to post it.

https://stateparks.utah.gov/activiti...n-and-permits/

Old 12-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

This is what I woke up to. Another BEAUTIFUL day.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

That looked like us yesterday, was cloudy and overcast today and only about 23 degrees, what part of Utah is that? Looks pretty deserty, will that snow stick around now all winter?

Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 AM
THE BERMINATOR

I looked up The Secret and a book of the same name came out the same year as the movie. The book has sold 30 million copies worldwide and has been translated into 50 languages.

We've had a lot of rain in my part of Michigan lately. I don't especially like rain but at least I don't have to shovel it. There's a 50% chance of snow Monday and supposed to get down to 24 degrees Monday night. That's 10 degrees colder than Sunday night, but 24 may be our high temperature Friday with it dropping to 15 at night. I like it better when it's above freezing at night like right now.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

-4 this morning.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

Brrrrrrr! Colder than us. Certainly doesn't look like being south of us as help you out any today. LOL

Old 12-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I haul mail for a good friends trucking company during the Christmas Holiday. I drive about 540 miles at night. I work 4 on and 3 off. I'm an "extra" to help with all the holiday mail and packages. This is my work truck. I leave my pickup in Kanab while I'm working.

The Secret isn't religious. It helps you to keep focused on all the good we have in our lives and to stay positive. I've watched it several times.

I buy them from the original distributor that's in Oregon. No matter where anyone buys a copy it came from Cindy. The first time I called her she told me that they had over 100,000 copies on the shelf. They were the first company to distribute The Secret. She knows what I do with them and gives me an incredible deal on them.

Quick Reply: A lot to be Thankful for!