General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Heated visor

Old 12-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Heated visor

Is their a kit out their to add a heated visor element to a non heated visor? I have a helmet that i dont want to get rid of but their is not a heated visor option for it. Was thinking of getting a replacement lens and adding one to that but cant seem to find anything.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:42 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Your Question Has Been Answered By Our Editors

We've got the answer you seek on the ATV Connection homepage, here:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...-helmet-visor/

Old 12-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Super Quad Patrol

exactly what i was looking for..

Old 12-03-2018, 04:49 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis Kirk has dual lens electric shields for certain models of HJC, AFX, and Scorpion helmets, plus a bunch of different CKX helmets. If you have one of those you still may not want to pay what they're asking for them, but they are available.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Quad Patrol

I have a Voss helmet and they have no options available

Old 12-03-2018, 05:44 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I have an El Cheapo helmet. I think it cost me $40 and I wouldn't want to put a $100 visor on it if there was an option available. I'd be better off buying a third helmet if I wanted to ride in the winter.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol

No cheep head baskets for me... mostly due to the fact that I tried 4 helmets non that I liked and spent way more than a good one was worth. That and I want to trust my protection especially for my riding style. Nothing wrong with my lid but will be getting a new one next year same make due to the fact it's time yo change it out after 5 years... I have found with riding gear u get what u pay for.
so if I have to build a heated visor for winter then so be it... funny thing is I don't run heated grips...

Old 12-03-2018, 11:30 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I have a DOT approved helmet and it fits. That's good enough for me. If I rode fast like guys on motorcycles and snowmobiles do most of the time I'd invest in a better helmet. If you crash and your helmet hits something and saves your head, its job is done and you have to get a new helmet. It can have damage you can't even see.

You have to be able to see where you're going. For winter rides I wore an open face helmet with goggles and a NO-FOG breath deflector. When I stopped for a while I had to lift my goggles farther away from my mouth or take them off. Otherwise my breath could still make them fog up, but as long as I was moving I didn't have a problem. I got some air between my goggles and helmet but not enough to get very cold.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol

It's recommended to change out your helmet every 5 years... I do ride like those other guys...lol... I'm not going stupid fast but I have a no fear attitude when breaking trail and riding. So I get myself into some interesting situations...
iv tried goggles, helmets with the breath deflector, and other variations. Always had issues with fogging up or comfort, when using goggles I found I lost to much side vision.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

You might be able to find a closeout helmet for the price of trying to fit or make a visor work with the helmet you have.

Every helmet I've had was new, but had been on the shelf for a year or two. After about two years of riding the bike on the streets around here, it's time for a new visor. And every time it was the same price or maybe 10 bucks more to get a new helmet. Been wearing Scorpion helmets fort the street for about 10 years now. Not once have I paid over $80.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heated visor