General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Suggestions for buying a NEW ATV - Family/Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My King Quad will do 65 mph, that's fast enough for me.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:19 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most days 45 MPH is fast enough for me. How fast do you want to crash anyway? An impact at 90 MPH would have exactly 4 times the energy of a 45 MPH impact on the same ATV. I might survive a 45 MPH crash intact, but no way could I walk away from a 90 MPH crash. 60 MPH I might live but not without broken bones.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got two Can Am 570's one 2-up and one single, more power than I will ever need for the type of riding we do. Both will exceed 70mph easily. And both ride extremely smooth, of course any thing rides smoother than the solid rear axle Rancher we up graded from LOL . We are enjoying our Can Am's, I cant imagine the power of a 1000, wish you the best be careful.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freedomflyer
I've got two Can Am 570's one 2-up and one single, more power than I will ever need for the type of riding we do. Both will exceed 70mph easily. And both ride extremely smooth, of course any thing rides smoother than the solid rear axle Rancher we up graded from LOL . We are enjoying our Can Am's, I cant imagine the power of a 1000, wish you the best be careful.
Interesting... my buddies Polaris 570 and my 550 are pretty even machines... 54mph top.
I can't believe that a CanAm 570 will be 16mph more...

Old 01-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

I know that only because my wife and I Raced shortly after we got our second one, she's very competitive, and grew up on snowmobiles, she won't quit. LOL. I've done it several times on both machines 74 mph top speed for single, and 73 for my two up. That is on a flat smooth paved Road.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is pretty impressive for the 570 twin. My King Quad 750 won't go that fast either though I think the new 2019 King Quad 750's have a little more power. The Can-am 570 is tuned for more high end power than the Polaris or any of the other single cylinder machines like Yamaha and Suzuki which have more displacement. 54 mph still sounds a bit slow. The Polaris 570 should still be able to do around 65 mph. I do recall the different versions of the Sportsman 570 do perform differently. Some top out at a slower speed.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedomflyer
Only got going that fast the one time. Other than on lakes that are frozen, I can't get anywhere near that much speed up. Our average mph on the trails up here is 10-15 mph depending on who I'm riding with. Where my son, Moose One, and I got up to speed, we had gone the other direction and knew it to be a long, straight, smooth section of road with no one around. Might see what full speed is someday.... Might not either.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Interesting... my buddies Polaris 570 and my 550 are pretty even machines... 54mph top.
I can't believe that a CanAm 570 will be 16mph more...
As others have said, I think it's the difference between the twin cylinder and the single cylinder machines. My son's previous quad was a Can-Am Renegade 500. I had a Polaris Sportsman X2 500 at the time. The Renegade would blow the X2 away every day of the week. He got that one up to 68 before running out of lake one winter. If I had the cash I would have bought that for a backup quad. It had light handling and kept up with the 700 class machines out there. I notice my single cylinder machine had a lot more low end grunt for work than his twin. Kind of an observation on almost all the machines I've been on. CC for CC the twins are faster but the thumpers have more torque.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

Moose, that I would believe our old Honda had alot of low end torque and absolutely no top speed. Us running like that is sure not a habit, more of a one time "Let's see what these things will do" experience. We both looked at each other afterward and said "We won't do that again!" I think it scared us both how easily they got there, most of our riding is also 10-15 mph with snippets of 25, trails are just to tight, curvy, rocky and too steep at times. Our speed run was out to my brothers on county highway to show him our second machine after we got it. Like I've said before, Waaaaaay more power than we'll ever need for the type out riding we do.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:42 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Sportsman 570 should be able to do more than 54 MPH. My 500 can do that and the 570 has more power, like 15-20% more.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for buying a NEW ATV - Family/Touring