General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's getting deep alright but it's not snow. I'm putting waders on my shopping list.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ordered extra gas can for those longer trips, where just a full top off on ATV just might not get you to the next service station. Better to be safe than out in woods, late at night, getting scarred, cold, hearing strange animal noises all around you....''mommie''! I'm not talking about the animal you might be riding with, even though he might try to scare you too....animals!! lol

Old 02-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Even with my machine holding 8 gallons of fuel, I still carry an extra 2.5 gallon can on long trips or if I know I am going to out in the real boonies. At an avg of 20 mpg I have a real comfy range. When I had my quad I always carried an extra 2.5 gallon can, but unfortunately had to carry 2, one for my sons sport quad as he had no room to carry his own. I can travel more tha 2x further on this SxS than I could with my quad and can even being alon a friend comfortably....now I just need to get him to pay for the gas and buy lunch!

Old 02-20-2019, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider
Unhappy

Almost 3'' heading down to those ''cry babies'' S of the boarder of us, Michiganders....there I did a snow dance, for our warm blooded friends, that might have forgotten what that white fluffy stuff really is, anymore lol Description: like frozen rain, but white, flaky. slippery....so be careful since this might be something new, or haven't seen in a very long time lol So sad
Were just getting under 2'' w/freezing rain afterwards,then showers, not a great mix, but with the snow already on the ground, at least we can still boast cold enough to have a decent amount here! lol
We need to head, way up north here, for some real happy, happening snow playing in Michigan, again, and again....don't stop my vivid imagination, here....if I'm dreaming don't wake me up!

Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

We down here in the deep south have about a half in plus of snow but the ice is starting. It is slick out there when I took the grandaughter to school and even more slick now. Nothing to plow or play in but if you consider falling on your butt fun then you might have a blast! Already started talking to the neighbor about the comming fishing season, my freezer is empty, so a few nice walleye and a mess of perch fillets would be might tasty right now! Might as well switch over to summer thinking as mother nature sure made a mess out of our winter other than being just cold. Better go dig out the fishing gear......

Old 02-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

I love me a big ol mess of perch, but cooked whole, not flayed, don't want to possibly throw away any part of that meat! Skin is just as good, if cooked right, along with some of them....Hush, up you puppies, big n fat ones w/fat onions chunks in batter....man that's some good eat'n!! Our fish House up, north here, a fish market chain, way up north here, in Michigan, way up north, here lol Has the freshest fish on the planet, read their many + reviews, too, where they not only sell whole fish, but also have, you buy we fry, service. I get the whiting platter, way more than enough for dinner/lunch and are sooooo sweet/fresh/tasty! Its on their lunch special menu. We have like 6 restaurants all round the Big ''D'', I think the ''D'' stands for, along for many other things, many D'iners! lol Really saves on expensive oil, smell after cooking, mess etc. Well worth the trip! Got a new chain about to open just down the rd. here, under different name, hoping it will be as good, much closer!

You might ask, whats this got to do with riding trails/ quads/ ATV's....You would be right....getting back on track here,
Looking for someone to trail ride this season with, from the most slowest poker, to faster than a bullet style lol Lets plan a trip, season is coming on fast now, after this messy/dank/dreary/bleak/depressing/god forsaken, ''WINTER EVER'' passes by!!!! but it will eventually! Lets ride on into spring! Get with me, and lets plan a trip! and lets ride like there ain't no tomorrow!

Old 02-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Oh goodness no whole perch..you can eat them much faster when they are filleted. Takes way to much time tryin to pick all that good meat off the bones! Havent had a whole fish in my freezer for more than 40 yrs. Now ya got me thinkin how good those walleye and perch fillets would taste out on an open fire! Pass on the hush puppies but a nice helping of potato salad or cole slaw would really hit the spot!! Better go get a napkin to wipe the drool off my chin...

Old 02-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Some of my ''all famous'' fish frying recipes/tricks 101

Trick #1 Another good trick for you young fellers out there to learn, is to bag/seal fish up with water, enough to totally encase every part of the fish, to keep freezer burn away! True with any meat. If not the meat dries out, with the air in the bag/canister, and so does the freshness/taste! Will keep for yr. or better! Now go fish lol

Trick #2 Best batter in the world 50/50 corn meal/flower w/ lots salt pepper and that's it! Try it you'll love it! Amen!

Trick #3 When cooking fish on open grill ''THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT''! Keep the oil boiling hot, never lower the tem. of the grease, not for a second, because the fish starts to soak up the oil quickly, leaving the fish too soggy/oily!

Trick #4 Eat em piping HOT right out the pot, as soon as I give them to you, even if it burns....its a good burn lol O yeah!

Can you smell them frying?! That's it Ken, you got me hungry for fish, I'm going out tomorrow, straight to the fish market, you had to mention fish....

Old 02-20-2019, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Now I'm back fishing....fishing for a trail riding brother/buddy/friend/cousin/son of a gun anybody, It doesn't matter as long as you ride scooter/little red wagon/Lionel choo choo, just as long as it has tires, that can scoop some deep sand, and climb mountains in a single bound,,,,yeah like SUPERMAN! or anything close! lol Lets fly down those trail, get in touch quick....the snows starting to melt, already!

Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's only getting up to 35-36 degrees tonight but that's good enough. It's 34 degrees at 9:30pm. We had enough rain to get things wet and that's all. The Winter Weather Advisory is over in 1/2 hour.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50