General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps adding a sub-topic... "much talk not about the OP but more specifically bashing where you live" LOL..

On a side note... I love me some perch as well... fileted is best... but I'm not picky if your cooking them! .

Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I make my own coating from flour crushed saltine crackers, italian bread crumbs, garlic and onion powder, italian mrs dash pluss salt and pepper. Nice lite flavorfull coating. And yes keep that oil hot! To many people over cook there fish and make it rubbery. Make my own tarter sauce as well. When the grankids were little they always wanted to help grampa make the pickle sauce for the fish! Add in a dose of the great outdoors and it becomws the perfect meal!

Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

Another great ol famous trick o mine, is ''again'' by keeping fish whole? (meaning cleaned, scaled, b-headed, but leave tails on....best tastiest part, but keeping the whole body together, uncut) this method helps keep the fish mo moist, tastier (not like some think, they prefer) by skinning, flaying (which again, takes away most of the flavor, as well as the MEAT!) Also flaying, the already tiny pc's of Perch flesh, down even thinner, where drying out, freezer burn sets in, in not days, but hours! come on Martha Stewart, help me out here! lol PLUS,PLUS if freezing, the thinner meat gets, then there's goes the flavor/freshness! It just boils down to common seance, if you think about anything being stored in freezer, for more than a day, not just meat but ANYTHING, is better packed tight together whole,and taking out as much air as possible (that too, where filling bag/container with water, that surrounds the meat, never allowing air to ever reach the food, when air+food= decaying/bacteria/foul oder/STINKY! process immediately) (because moisture/air, turns to that white crumbly stuff in freezer bag, commonly know as, killer no taste, or food decay! lol If you see that in the bag ''THROW IT OUT'' its not Mrs Paul's lol Hey we learn something new every day, now don't we! I know, I've been refereed to as a smart ***, but that's still better than dumb ***, right? Don't let me catch you around my camp fire, with them fish crumbles....waiting on dinner, Mr.
FRESH IS BEST! Now go fish lol
Better yet lets ride before we eat, COME ON! THE DAYS ARE GETTING WARMER!....JUST LOOK OUTSIDE, ALREADY!

Old 02-21-2019, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

My fish have been frozen in solid water for years, that is the only way to get any freezer life from them. They are good for an easy year that way! Have had 15 month perch that tastes like fresh caught that way. Never rhaw them in a microwave either as it will give them a funky taste. Thaw over 24 hrs in fridge or leave on counter until ice starts to melt then put back in fridge to finnish thawing slowly! To quick a thaw means poor tasting fish. If you like carp and other mud sucking fish then thaw your perch quickly with some warm water....they will then taste just like carp!

Old 02-21-2019, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Now there's some solid, as ice, advice....hey that rhymed, haha And that is very good advice, no fishy tastes, that aren't good fishy smell/taste/texture! Man I'm craving a big catch of your fresh caught Perch there, Ken! Keep em frozen till we get the oil good n hot....St Helen....here we come! Probably some good Blue Gill/Perch,Crappy in St Helen lk right about now, or as soon as lake starts thawing like around here and is when Perch start running! Ok I'll start load'in quad up right now! I'll call ya, when I get to our meeting place on 23 lol Won't be long now!

Old 02-22-2019, 12:59 AM
THE BERMINATOR

You guys need to catch bigger fish and eat the cheeks, the "filet mignon" of the fish. If you don't eat the cheeks you're throwing away the best part of the fish.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider

Cheeks? Now that's just plain *** nasty....to be quite frank with you....Frank lol

Old 02-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

Not a cheek fan her either, dont care for the large walleye, prefer the 20 in size to eat. Those dont have a big enough cheek to eat. Caught some 26 - 28 in over the years but dont seem to have the taste the smaller ones have. Frequenty I offer to trade my large ones for smaller at the boat ramp when we come in. Now when it comes to perch....I keep every single one that is over 8 in!!

Old 02-22-2019, 10:38 PM
THE BERMINATOR

You guys can eat all the fish you want. I don't mind if you eat my share. Everyone I heard mention fish cheeks before said that was the best part of the fish, but I never tried them. TBH I only eat fish a few times a year and it's usually in the form of tuna sandwiches. That or a "cod burger" from my favorite burger joint when they have them once or twice a year. It's actually a big chunk of cod on a brioche bun with chipotle mayo. IMO those are really good even if you don't care for fish. I used to get fish and chips about twice a year but haven't had any in a few years. A nearby coney island used to have buy one get one half off fish and chips dinners one day a week and I'd get two to go. Here's a link for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_(restaurant)

Old 02-23-2019, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

You would really like the Arby's fish then, 2 for $5, Big crispy fillet, hanging way off bun, not like Mc's soggy mess, never again, ever!! Nasty!
You guys got me going so bad, I had to get me some fish! My wife has been going w/ mom to a new restaurant place together, and was telling me about how good the fish was, so I finally joined in, and yes, very good, and slaw was equally great! Its hard to find the perfect mix of best fish n chips, slaw, plus huge portions, all for $8, and all in one place, awesome! I could have pushed away with half portions, and felt sluggest afterwards, but when it was going down, it just seemed so right lol I won't be going back any time soon, since Its impossible for me to stop half way through, with fish dinner that good! That too is why I don't do all u care to eat for same reason. I'm still trying to get back to my last fall weight of 200#'s, and was doing fine until Ken mentioned ''FISH''!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: