MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50 - Page 13 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Go Back  ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community > ATV Community > General Chat
Reload this Page >

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Old 02-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

I was born and raised on fish and that is the reason I fish. Good friend of mine loves to fish but cant stand the taste or smell of cooked fish! Oh well to each his own....a company I worked for took everyone out to a nice restaurant for a christmas dinner ea year. They specialized in prime rib and T bone steaks....wife and I always had the pickeral fillets instead. They were excellent but we took our share of harrasment for not eating the ribs and steaks. To this day we still prefer the fish over the cow anyday!

Old 02-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Getting seriously ready! for upcoming quad/trail/camping season, First things first,
#1 my quad hauling van E250 4.6 monster! Tires showing hair line cracking near rims. Firestone dealer that just installed some great looking Firestone white raised lettered tires on our GMC van, ordered me some cheap Chinese tires $89 ea, 10 ply lt245/75 R16 50,000 w/good reviews of owners that have years on them, not reviews of anyone that's just trying to bash Chinese made! there's plenty of those! I have apt. Mon. for install. The tires on the van now look like new w/ little tread wear, Coopers, but since I haul this heavy ***'ed UTV up tight, inside van with me, and possibly others, I would hate to have a blow out doing 80 on freeway w/ gas tanks on board! Remind me to not fill gas tanks, till I get up north, thanks lol
#2 good rang talkies, working on that! along with GPS, w/sd vv mapping cards
#3 printing up reminder ck lists to mount in/on tool box, Atv, Atv gear bag/box, Van tool case. Camping list, food, clothes, tent etc. Good for quick glance before leaving out from, home, camp, trails! Just forgetting one little thing, like a key could kill an expected great trip, after your all set, unloaded, ready to ride....been there done that!
#4 Most important and is really #1 finding someone to do trips with me....not easy! HELP!!! I would like to plan a trip, couple times a month, and hard to find anyone that needs to go that often so will take a few riders to step up and commit, to fill the void lol!
#5 Trying tio get back in shape....toning up them winter droopy muscles, getting hard as steel! lol
#6 Selling TRX450r Honda, not needing both quads, one has got to go, already received great offers, so far mid winter, I figure by spring many more healthier offers!
#7 Have quad will travel, here in Michi'gan, a'gan and a'gan lol Come ride with me....FREE I don't charge for your good time....just bring your own ride, and I'll supply the way! FREE lol something like free'way down the trails. Fast w/ TONS of fun!
Checked Grayling snowman with 12'' still on ground....well its got to melt soon! right? lol

Old 02-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Got to slow down, we have a couple month at least before we need to make plans. Gettin yourself all worked up with months to spare. You dont want to sound like your desperate....goin up north with a scary maniac....not everyone knows your old soft side like I do.. Sometimes the best plans are last minute plans!

Old 02-23-2019, 08:55 PM
Frank Flintstone

#1. I used to have a Dodge van. I built a wooden ramp so I could ride my snowmobile in to haul it. It was a 360 (5.9L) 4-barrel. It used to get up go pretty good but after a few years it started running like crap. It had less horsepower than the 4.8 in my truck too. My truck tires started humming like off-road tires on the freeway. A friend of mine said that's because they're so old the rubber is getting hard and that's causing them to hum. So in addition to the 4 ATV tires and 3 trailer tires I just bought last year, I may need to buy 4 or 5 truck tires this year.
#2. I have 3 recommendations for a GPS. Garmin, Garmin, and Garmin. And a 4th one would be Garmin, followed by Garmin as my 5th choice. I think I'm prejudiced.
#3. Checklists are a great idea. I start with a new one each time and write things down whenever I think of them during the week before the trip. I keep my clipboard handy so I can add more when I think of something. A lot of times I'll think of something before I fall asleep and have to get up and write it down. I only check something off the list once it's actually in the truck, or it's in my suitcase and I check that off when my suitcase/s is/are in the truck. Printing out a list and using it every time would work too but I don't always take the same things.
#4. Good luck. I hope you find someone to ride with before the men with butterfly nets have to chase you down.
#5. I'm trying to get as soft as Jell-O. I'm getting close but still have all these pesky bones.
#6. Once the snow is gone more people will be looking for a new ride and I think you can ask a higher price too.
#7. I haven't been to St. Helen in years but don't need to look at a map to know it's 105 miles on the freeway from exit 117 in Flint to exit 222. Been there done that. In the winter too.

ETA: In one corner of my checklist I write down things I need to do before I leave. I make sure my mail is on hold so it doesn't pile up and no one can steal it. I do it online a few days to a week ahead of time. The post office will hold my mail for 3-30 days starting on whatever date I tell them and deliver it when I say to. Well, most of the time. It is the post office and you know how they are. I can also tell them to hold it and I'll pick it up. If I'm leaving for weeks instead of just days I turn the water heater down really low. The one I had before this one had a setting on the dial that said vacation. And I turn the heat down or turn the A/C off depending on what time of year it is. In mid to late July it will be hotter than Hades in here when I get home and take a couple of days to cool off, but that's better than leaving the window units running constantly for over 2 weeks when no one is here. The power company charges more for electricity in the summer, and even more during the day when everyone is trying to cool off.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider

NOW'S THE BEST TIME! of the year TO START POUNDING THE PAVEMENT!, DRUMMING UP NEW BUDDIES/FRIENDS/FAMILY/ANY....ONE! yes looking for just ONE other good buddy/friend, to do trip/trips with that's hopefully over 50 to have more in common, I have kids, grand kids along with there younger friends, that I ride w/ 90% of the time but prefer to buddy up closer my era lol
I search ''every'' year, ''all'' year long, for anyone that might be interested in trail riding, and also that might find themselves riding alone, that loves to trail ride, as much as I do, or even close to it! I've met 5 real good friends/buddies this way, along with family members, allowing for 29 great days out, just last year! Typical of years past, since 86! It takes a lot of work/searching to find/dig up, enough willing riders to fill in the few months, available up north here, with with its short riding season! 3-4 good months if were lucky! but just like in a well run business, like one of my employers always said, the more poop you throw at the wall, the more of it is bound to stick lol So I too, am throwing it out here, and hoping to fill up this season, with enough trail friends/buddies/family/any....''ONE'', by searching early here, in our final days of winter, heading on into spring/summer, hoping for as many trips as possible, weather permitting!
SO WHAT ARE YOU ALL....ONE lol WAITING FOR? got a few dudes lined up from years/year past, along with family, but still trying to fill in days/weeks when they may not be available....not too many trail dudes as myself are going to have the appetite I have, to beat them trails to death, and even mo ready w/ this looooog assssss winter, and it ain't over yet, not till the fat lady.....and I ain't hear her yet! lol

Old 03-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Frank Flintstone

It's that time of year again. The CODBURGER is available for a limited time only. That's a big chunk of fish and it's oh so delish. It's Lent for people who believe in that. They can give up meat and eat fish instead, because fish aren't meat. That way they still eat but call it fasting. Eating everything you want except meat really isn't fasting as far as I'm concerned. Not eating anything at all is fasting. I thought this was the time of year the CodBurger came out but one year I thought they had it again, maybe in the fall. Maybe not. Sometimes my memory isn't very good.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

I dont trust very much store bought fish, way to easy to swap carp for a good quality fish. When I catch and clean my own I know for sure what I am getting. I also dont get bones in mine! I dont get that giving up meat thing either, never made sense to me either.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds pretty fishy to me lol
Finally got both helmet headsets just now, their set up for voice and manual push button to send. their made real good quality! my wife keeps giving me the stink eye, with so many packages here lately! I better watch it for awhile lol

Old 03-14-2019, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Go ahead and have them sent to me then she will never know! My wife wont mind one bit!

Old 03-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

She doesn't trust me, and I can't understand why...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: