General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Old 03-23-2019, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The windmillis designed to turn away from the wind at 50mph then swing back into the wind when it slows the blades down. It was doing that, I was watching. First pump worked great for 15 yrs. Replaced with a new, more heavy duty pump but it lasted about 8 months. If they wont warranty this pump then I am going to switch to an electric pump with a timer. I will have added elec costs but much wasier to repair and replace.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:50 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it may have turned to fast and burned up. Since it didn't they should warranty it unless they have a short warranty.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

I am guessing it blew the diaphram out, everything turns real easy with no compression, or the crankshaft broke....not sure. Have to call the company and see what they say. To damn windy and cold to climb up that 22' tower and find out. Just my luck to have tossed a grand out the window!

Old 03-24-2019, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hers a group, that made the trip to Baldwin yesterday, looks cold, yet it got up close to 50.

and these guys were at Bundy yesterday. Yep there starting to head on out there already here in Muck-igan! lol

Old 03-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Just picked up a spare set of wheels with worn tires on them, going to pick best front wheel/tire to use as a spare. Found a spare tire carrier that mounts in your 2" hitch reciever. Looks like a great idea to me. Pull a simple hitch pin o remove the whole setup. Keeps spare out of the way.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:21 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like a good set-up for a spare. In my neighborhood it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a lock on it. I keep my 3-way trailer hitch on the quad all the time, with a cotter pin bent both ways around the hitch pin. Nobody wants to steal it. It's not worth enough. I thought about putting a small padlock on it instead of a pin but someone could snap it off faster than they can straighten out the cotter pin. Plus the lock would get full of dust because of the sandy trails. The sand gets pounded into a powder and sometimes I have to put a bandana over my nose and mouth. A dust mask works a lot better but I'm sure I looked like a dork when I wore one.

My snow pile is almost gone. There's just a patch of ice about a foot and a half around. It was close to 60 today and if it's warm and sunny again tomorrow it's going bye-bye in the morning. Then I can put the trailer behind my truck in its regular spot, move my ATV so there's more room around it, and take the plow off. When I move the ATV it won't be chained to a post anymore and I have to put the boots on the front wheels. Then I can take some measurements for a cover to fit over the boots. My trailer has just been sitting out in the open since the day I got it 21 years ago. There's only a cheap lock on the hitch and it's light enough to move up and down the driveway by hand. It must not be worth stealing, unlike several ATVs I had.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

I thought that was the best idea for a spare I had found. Best part is, the quick and easy off and on. May not use it all the time but that will relieve some worry on far from camp travels. I picked up a set of 4 wheels and tires, rear tires have holes in them but both fronts seem to hold air even thoughvthey are worn down pretty good. I will pick the best front to use as a spare and order the spare tire mount for a 2' reciever. Slowly getting things in order for the up comming season.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Forgot to mention about the dustmask I got. Called a wolf-snout dust mask. Fits with riding googles or without, quite comfortable to wear and doesnt look super dorky! Just wash them out for reuse.. Not cheap but they do work well, just watch for sales.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

No clue as why my atv connection wont up date but I guess I just will be adding to old posts, this old goat has no idea what to do so here goes... I have been thinking over the winter about what if's....like what if I had a flat on the trail I could not fix? So after much thought and searching, I got my little tool set out and came up with this idea, not really my idea, just a copy of what others have done. Fits into the 2" receiver so it can be removed in an instant if the tailgate needs to open.....one heck of a bumper??.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Digging thru pics and thought about 4 tracker....here is a pic that might bring back some memories about months gone by

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50