General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to wash my vehicle.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:12 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
No clue as why my atv connection wont up date but I guess I just will be adding to old posts, this old goat has no idea what to do so here goes... I have been thinking over the winter about what if's....like what if I had a flat on the trail I could not fix? So after much thought and searching, I got my little tool set out and came up with this idea, not really my idea, just a copy of what others have done. Fits into the 2" receiver so it can be removed in an instant if the tailgate needs to open.....one heck of a bumper??.
If it swung down it would be easier than taking it off and putting it back on. I don't know if anyone makes one like that but maybe you could rig something up.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I thought about making it swing, but not worth the trouble. It wont be there most of the time, only when going on a real long ride. When riding I have a large storage bin in the back for extras and can easily be reached from the sides. It looks heavy but it is not heavy at all. Pull a pin and it slides right out, would still have to pull a pin and tilt it down if it was made that way. Just some extra piece of mind when going on long rides in strange areas.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:28 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I would keep it on all the time just in case and not move it to the bed and back and forth. You'd never forget to take it if it was already there like my trailer hitch.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I dont need it for around home, probably dont need it for short trail rides or familiar areas and busy areas. When I get out on long rides is when I start to worry. Knock on wood I have never had a flat on trail, just looking for peace of mind. Normally this will stay in my enclosed trailer until I feel the need to put it on, and then it will hookup in a couple minutes tops. I still carry a good tire repair kit and a small compressor just in case. When the day comes to replace these tires I will go 6 ply to be even more puncture resistant.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder if one would bolt to my UTV, that's a good idea!

Old 04-03-2019, 09:32 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I can't remember who makes them but someone makes 12-ply ATV tires. They'll run good even with no air in them. And you can still buy Goodyear run-flat EMT tires. Titan sells them now. They have over a dozen different models of run-flat ATV tires. Several years ago one of the ATV magazines drilled a 2" hole in the sidewall of one and drove it around like nothing was wrong. I don't know how they feel compared to something with sidewalls that aren't so stiff.

https://www.titan-intl.com/en/tires/atv-utv

Old 04-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
I wonder if one would bolt to my UTV, that's a good idea!
It doesnt bolt on, it slips into a 2" hitch reciever and a standard 5/8 pin holds it on. Pull one pin and remove the whole thing. You can but them for around 100 bucks but I just made my own. Does your KQ have a 2" receiver?

Old 04-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Here are some closer pics of the spare tire carrier itself. I left the hitch pin in to show where it slides into the receiver

Old 04-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My GBC Spartacus Radial ATV Tire 8 ply. are some great diggers, but heavy too!

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50