General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Frank tou might consider one of those flashing beacons to attach on your head, you wouldnt want to get run over floating down the road! Woke up many nights soaking wet from tent floor....one reason we went to a popup...just to get off the ground! 4 tracker may have the right idea with his converted van, big screen TV and 4 ft satelite dish with surround sound!!! LOL....

Old 04-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I'm happy to say I'm back in my own bed tonight, with my little 32'' tv screen, mono speaker in right ear, but i'm sure i'll rest much better being back home! there was a slight chemical smell from the burn off from the new furnace last night, that i won't miss too! i'll let the furnace run again for a few hrs. before the big trip, to hopefully take care of that problem! Made a helmet, rear view mirror with velcro that i can remove when storing helmet. Getting a good view from around my big headed helmet to the rear, got to keep an eye out for Mr. Kenneth and his bright red buggy, so we don't get separated, way out on the trails somewhere. lol

Old 04-11-2019, 10:01 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I slept in my van in the middle of the woods several times before. It was insulated and waterproof but got cold in the fall when I went hunting. I took the van and my ex to Cedar Point several years ago and we stayed in it in the campground. Campers get into the park an hour early, but the best ride was the one in the back of van. The curtains on the windows weren't just for decoration. That must have been before we got married when I was still gettin' a little somethin' somethin'. The van was better to sleep in than either one of my trucks with cab-high fiberglass tops. My truck keeps me off the ground but it's hard to sit up in bed without hitting my head, but I get more sleep that way. A platform on stilts for my tent would work, just like our old barracks on stilts in Louisiana. The water could go right under and never touch the floor of the tent.

I'm still thinking of buying a small enclosed ATV trailer when I get enough money for one. I could unload the ATV, park the trailer where I put my tent, and sleep inside. I would have to put some small windows in it so I can see when it's daylight and time get up. I'm sure my friends would let me keep it up there year-round if I wanted too. I could keep my ATV in it until fall and use my utility trailer to bring it home for plowing. It would be nice taking my ATV up once in the spring and leaving it that long instead of hauling it back and forth all the time. I'd save a little money on gas too.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Let that furnace burn and cool a few times, then it will be fine. Metal in general gives an odor when heated but goes away after a few cycles. I think you going to find your van to be more comfy than a tent.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default few more things!

Propane ''quiet'' generator to power window a/c. Thinking ahead, since last year, after the new models arrived, they were gone in less than a week! $250

Gas powered gen. $96 enough to power a/c. 5 hrs on a gal of gas.

Heater in one window, A/C in other....best of both worlds lol

Old 04-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

An A/C unit in that small van....your gonna wake up with icecycles hanging from your dillywacker! However it does sound like a plan!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

It beats not sleeping all night in 90 deg heat! Not happy camping nor camper lolI Hope to ride more this summer and not let miserable hot nights keep me away. Got to get in as much outdoor activities in as we can, before that long *** winter smacks us down once again!

Old 04-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

I agree except being out on the trails in 95 degree heat is no fun whether there is a/c back at camp or not! Once overheated it becomes hard to cool down. Also not healthy!

Old 04-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

You got that right, I almost had a stroke after getting up north with kids, after just buying a big 2 stroke dirt bike, that nearly gave me a stroke lol while trying to crank it in 95f, out in full sun ''no shade'' with full riding gear on, including helmet, with hard starting issues! After that I crawled back to camp, dropping to my lawn chair, unable to move! the rest of the trip, while kids tried riding by themselves, bugging me to join in, but unable to move an inch to even try to get out of the sun's rays! Almost died! I kid you not! NEVER AGAIN without AIR!! Just ordered everything to alleviate that problem!! Now I'm trying to find a a/c riding outfit! lol any ideas lol

Old 04-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have been thru sun poisining twice in my life....not gonna do that again!

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50