General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Propane gen just arrived and its real quiet, lite weight and so portable!
The campground Chris has chosen has electric sites for $20. and we can share the campsite, with clean warm showers. Still waiting to see what the weatherbug has up its sleeves lol

Old 04-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Just finished my helmet, rear view mirror, and is out far enough, without having to turn my head to watch you slow mother------s I didn't say that lol
Didn't need to cut into van, worked treat!
Got my Beddy-bye all finished and folds up to load this fat as Suck-sucky up into! lol

Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The heater installation looks good except for some warpage but that shouldn't hurt anything. There's no way I could ride with something right in front of my face like that setup you have. It would drive me nuts before I could get used to it.

P.S. The air mattress looks like my old one. I got years and years of use out of it. I got my new one at Meijer and probably the old one too. The new one is an Intex deluxe 39 x 75 x 10 inches high. I don't know what the other one was but I think it was more like 8" high. I made sure I didn't get one with a built in air pump. I don't want one of those because the mattress and the pump will never break at the same time. One will still be good but you'd have to throw it away since it's all one unit. I can spend a lot less money this way. One of the guys I ride with has an air mattress with a pump and it's 2 layers thick so you're not so close to the ground. When he put it in his truck tent he didn't have much room for anything else. Mine has a smaller valve in the middle of a big valve and when you open the big one it doesn't have a flap valve inside. When you open the big one the air rushes out without having to hold a flapper open so it's faster and easier to deflate. I never had one like this before. I leave mine aired up and smeared rubber cement around the big plug before I plugged it in the last time. The small plug works great with my inflator when I need to top it off.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

I have the Intex deluxe w/ pump that I've been sleeping on going on 2 yrs now, which has stayed extremely firm, and only need to add air every other mo. ....knock on my wooden head, lol It stays firm even when I need to crawl up on it at times, with my knees and has never bulged anywhere, because of that! They go on sale for $39, and you cant fake steak...or a good night's sleep lol The cheap 0 one in my van has lasted for years, and I always take a spare, their only $7 still in unopened box, just in case...aint sleeping on hard ground or ply all night LOOOONG....ever again lol

My thin furnace metal sheet, is just a window cover to keep the rain and elements out, pops right out when furnace isn't needed, then I can either slide the window closed, or install A/C in its place. The furnace has another metal panel that's sealed, so theres 2 separate panels at the window, insuring gasses stay out, and heat stays in!

The helmet attachment is my 2nd attempt. The first is on my summer helmet, and they both have the camera attached, and is entirely out of sight, despite what the pic might look like, but at a slight glance, I can view, without taking my eyes off the trail, a perfect panorama view of everything behind me, without turning my head, which can be so frustrating, and after a long ride, can add up to some severe neck wrenching pain, while constantly checking on others riding behind me, that can be hard to see/find in thick wooded areas, trying to see to the R or L, and trying to adjust your eyes going in and out, of bright sunlight, and dangerous too, taking that split second, at high speeds, could run you into a tree, just inches away on the trail, or off the side of a cliff, or into oncoming traffic! It also pays off, when on almost every trip, someone gets off, onto another trail, and the sooner I can get back to where I last spotted them, the sooner I can get the train back on the track, and continue on, which could and has many times taken hours to regroup everyone! Saves a lot of frustration, lost time, and worry, especially when its close to getting back to camp, close to dark, and DINNER! I turn into a bear, and twice as Ornery, when I eat dinner late! lo! I can go all day on very little food/snacks but come dinner time look out....I start rustling up some grub, Faster than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking competition! No, that's not right lol Faster than green grass through a goose. Yeah, that's mo better! lol

Well I don't know about the rest of you all, but I'm about fixin to tear up some long awaited trails soon! Any body willing to join in? Can't set on your rear ends all season looooong now....you hear! Trails are a
hauling! Awoooo!!

Old 04-17-2019, 11:30 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Sometimes have to put a little more air in my mattress when it starts getting colder in the fall then I'm usually good for another year. I've even gone a few years in a row without adding any air but it's firmer in summer and softer in fall.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

Bought another Intex deluxe w/ pump yesterday, went on sale and they even make a more expensive unit, with what the pic shows more cell walls in frame makeup, but mine is plenty firm enough for me, no complaints! I rarely ever feel the need to turn over, all night long! Love it! I bought the spare in case the old one ever blows out, but so far it's fine! I might even take it camping....why not, better sleep, better trip! lol

Air conditioner just arrived and making a similar mounting as furnace but thru the passenger window.

Baldwin trip on 26 looking better, in mid 60's. Still long ways out for forcast.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 PM
THE BERMINATOR

The secret to getting a good night's sleep on an air mattress is to sleep on an old beat up POS mattress every night at home. That way you look forward to camping out and sleeping on a nice comfy air mattress. But if your regular mattress is too comfortable you get spoiled and an air mattress is hard to get used to.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 AM
Pro Rider

You got that right! I never sleep good....when I'm not in my own bed at home, no matter what! lol I hear strange things, when away from home or camping, that keeps me on edge, most of the night, that helps to keep me from getting a total/compleat nights sleep/rest! Where if at home, those same creeky, creepy sounds, would never penetrate my dead headed mind! I'll take some sleeping pills next trip, to help give a more relaxed/knock out, sleep....I"M HOPING! lol
Rain till Easter Sun. then clearing up well, and looking that way, over on west side, for first of the season, Baldwin ride, just hope it won't be too flooded, don't care for MUD!! Love sand!!

Old 04-19-2019, 09:07 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I have a fan running in my bedroom every night to take the edge off the noise around here. I still hear a lot of noise but not every little thing. Before my friends and their neighbors up north got electricity run to both cabins the constant hum of the generator made it easier for me to sleep. The CO and CO2 in the exhaust may have helped too, but I think it was just the constant sound masking some of the things you hear at night. Without a generator between me and the cabin drowning out the sound of my snoring my friends had to close the windows and get a portable air conditioner. Before that they told me that sometimes I was louder than the generator and they could hear when the windows were open. My snoring lets the bears know someone is there so that's one good thing about it. And one of these nights that damned whippoorwill that always starts his bullshit right at bedtime is going to get a blast from my 12 gauge.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:15 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Turn up the volume and play this on a loop for 2 hours when you go to bed and you'll know why I hate these birds so much. They're the loudest thing in the woods that I know of.

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50