General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I am lucky as I sleep thru most anything. Out here in the country the wind makes the most noise besides birds and crickets. Our motorhome makes some noise but has never bothered me. Our worst noise is a train comming thru pulling out of the yard. While not often, we have become used to this sound and normally we dont even realize the trains are even there. Glad I am not one that noise bothers!

Old 04-20-2019, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't believe him, I got up at my usual time around 5 ish, and turned on some soothing....casually waking up music....and Ken yells out ....turn down that durn noise!! All I was doing was politely trying to gradually get him up, and get us ready, to head out for breakfast, to the Hen House there in St Helen lol He's ornery as a Bear, early in the morning....so I drove to Houghton lk. ....by myself, to help kill some time....ALONE! waiting on miss priss to get up, and get ready to RIDE!! I'm sorry, I'm an early riser, to me it's the best part of the day, when you can get your thought together, before heading out, to meet the new day, sure helps me anyways! but apparently not everybody lol What really grinds me is the generators runnin allllllllll night long, up
whip-poor-wills a calling out....good morning campers!
there, and just a few feet away from a thin walled tent....and your head! (why does anybody need to run a gen all the time for, who needs ice at 3 am? buy a darn bag of ice already, it lasts for days....no noise, no exhaust, just ice!) and having to smell their gassy exhaust fumes for what?! They might as well make camp behind a machine shop somewhere, with the loud noise, and smell the oily/gasey exhaust 24/7! That's the reason I enjoy camping outside, expecting some peace and quiet, and fresh northern breathable country AIR! But apparently most people have no sense of hearing/smell! I really appreciate, and expect this after traveling that far to get away from all this city noise and air pollution! There I've said it, and now I'll shut up about it, feel much better now....well until it happens again, that is, and is why I bought this self contained camping equipment, so I can get away from the crowd, when camping, and I can get, way back in the woods....FOR SOME PEACE N QUIET.... ALONE! to get a great night's sleep, and wake up refreshed, without wanting to puke up everyone's exhaust, from the night before! With the stars are so bright, they'll blind ya, and the fresh scent of pine, and sage in the mornings dewy air, and the fresh scent of the camp fire w/ fresh smell of coffee brewing just before daybreak!! and wonderful sounds of the whip-poor-will a calling out....good morning campers!....man you can't beat that, who wouldn't love that lol! and to me that's the best part of the trip! Makes you appreciate our great state of....well you know, the answer to that lol We miss you aw ganders, that is! Can't wait!

Old 04-20-2019, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, Steve is up at 5am every morning, but still doesnt hit the traiks until 11am. ..why not get some extra shut eye and not wake the neighbors? About generators. ..what is going to piwer your A/C unit in your van? I suppose you have a genny that sounds like birds singing? Better yet move up front and use a power cord, then no noise other than the neighbors kids up at 5am! As a retired guy, 8am is early unless I am going fishing. You dont hear other 4wheelers out at 6am....

Old 04-20-2019, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Nope, I just received my propane gen. that can be used for powering almost everything, my blow up water toys, (no Ken I don't share), fans, batteries, Garman gps, Furnace batteries, A/C, my lighted liquor cabinet fridge.

+7shareShare save to favoritesSave to Favorites printPrintExclusive

RYOBI

900 Starting Watt Propane Powered Inverter Generator

(154) Write a Review
Questions & Answers (76)
  1. Powered by Propane Gas
  2. 900 Starting Watts and 700 Running Watts
  3. Shop the RYOBI Generators Collection
$29900

Old 04-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

I see yu included a pic of your blowup toys! Even with propane there is still a motor running, just different fuel. Dont forget some lube to keep those blowup toys from drying out nd become scratchy. Mount the genny on your wheeler and have that a/c unit blowing cold air in your face while you ride!

Old 04-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

On second thought buddy, You might need my blow up doll pretty soon, with this monsoon in your backyard a rising! lol I'll float er down to ya. lol

Old 04-20-2019, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Better start sending her my way, the water is still rising, sump pump is only off for 30 seconds and back on again! We are putting life jackets by the door rather than umbrellas...

Old 04-26-2019, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

Well it's nearly time to head out, for the ''first trip of the season, 2019'', feeling geeked!! Heading to Baldwin for 3 days/weekend with friends, and just heard from them, and they'll be there at different times today. Got electric and propane heaters just in case, going down to below freezing tonight, and tomorrow night, with Sun the better of the 3 days, mid 50's, with full sun! No rain in the forecast after we get there, which has been a little iffy up until the last forecast, last night. Were going to ride hard, long, and eat drink, and do Marry! lol

Old 04-26-2019, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Hope you remembered your winter woolies...remember how cold it felt last fall when it was 50 deg...oh yea..only you were cold my windshield blocked the cold.....be sure to give us an update when you get back....and tell Mary I said hi!

Old 04-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Propane and gas gens make the same amount of noise.

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50