General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just have a cargo van with foam in walls,ceiling,doors, covered with ply. and warm carpet covering it all/curtain dividing cab from room/2 sm slider windows in back/a/c in front cab window/2 deep cell batteries bolted in rear/furnace that exhausts out the one sm rear window slider, running on propane, batteries/fold down bed, after unloading quad/new propane gen. to run a/c and charge batteries, if needed. I don't go up to stay in van except to sleep, then back on trails early, until late, returning to camp staying outside even then, while cooking, relaxing until crashing late, only need a little power depending on temps, for just sleeping if needed, for a few hrs. I figure on doing any needed rest/sleep after returning back home. lol All I've ever used, before this year, has been roughing it out in a tent, no matter what the temps were, and really enjoyed it, even on colder/warmer/wetter nights!

Old 04-29-2019, 05:49 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't serious about covering the whole roof with solar panels. It would make the van about as aerodynamic as a dump truck. I don't think snow on top of them melting and refreezing all winter would be good for them if they were lying flat. The snow wouldn't fall off like when they're on an angle on top of buildings. It takes a big solar panel to get a decent amount of power, but I've seen some advertised that fold small enough to put in a backpack and make enough power to charge a cell phone or something really small like that. The kind I saw folded in thirds.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

4tracker if your two batteries are deep cycle you should last for a week in your van. Throw in a couple led lights and a stereo and you will still have plenty of power. Run the batteries to a 55-60% charge it is good for them then charge them back up slowly at home on a battery tender or other charger/maintainer and they will last for years. My boat battery is set up like that, I only charge it when it drops to 60-70% then recharge it slowly. It is now 4 yrs old and still holds a full charge all winter long. Having 2 wired together is even better, my MH draws more power than your van ever will, unless your doing a lot of blowing up your toys (LOL) and my MH can easily go for 2-3 days and have done as many as 4 with battereys still having a working charge.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

As long as the temps at night don't get stinky hot and humid, or buggy, I won't need any power! As long as I can cook meals out on open fire, that's why I like camping/riding for 3 days or more, so I can take the time to cook meals, without rushing, then relaxing after a great meal! That's a great combination to ride hard, eat good, and relax enjoying the evening, before a good nights ride, then pass out under them northern starry skies! Just to get up early to do it all over again! yahoo!!

Old 05-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone what?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Anyone what?
4tracker is always lookin for folks to go ridin with him.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50....ANYONE??

Old 06-02-2019, 06:56 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't. I don't have an ATV.

One of the local dealers is getting me a Magnetic Gray Metallic Sportsman 570 SP this week.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Polaris... my hunt club buddy has the same machine. Good luck!

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50