General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I am tryin to tell you guys it is all that legal weed smoke that mother nature is sucking up. She is on a buzz and creating a royal mess with our weather! She doesnt know whether to make it cold or warm it up....all this over a few days! Lets blow some more smoke in her face....mabey we can go swimming in Feb...?

Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Yep...so we cut back on our utilities to save us money....then the utility companies have to raise their rates cause they are selling less! We cant win! It has happened to us many times over...Toledo Edison has become "Con Edison" to all of there customers here.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:35 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They con you out of your money. It finally got on the right side of zero. It's 1 degree now. There's so much sun that the snow that was frozen to the roof of my truck cap a few hours ago is gone, except on the one edge that doesn't get any sun. The rest disappeared when it was still -1.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

I see some snow dissapearing from the sun, but not any ice. My pond is froze over except for a small opening about 2' in dia where the bubbler is keeping it open. My gravel drive looks like a skating rink! Had to go out this morning for a doc appt and damn that wind was still cold!

Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I keep my 40 yr. old fish pond covered over ,during winter months, every year, and never get any surface ice, with only the filter pump going. Never lost a fish yet, with some of them a foot long, about 10 fish altogether. No you cant go fishing here, my wife has a pet name for ea one lol

Old 01-31-2019, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

My pond is only 18yrs old, at .28 acers it is to big to cover. Not sure how big the biggest fish is but I have caught them up to 24" long. Have to keep a shotgun on hand to keep the cormorants away as they can eat a lot of fish. Have a big windmill to run the aereator so it rarely freezes over. When that temp drops it covers in ice fast, like overnight!

Old 01-31-2019, 11:53 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Friday's high temperature is supposed to get up to what our low temperature normally is. It may not be much but it's an improvement. The emergency is over and GM told 3rd shift to go to work. I charged my truck battery 4 or 5 hours with a 2 amp/6 amp charger set to 6 amps and it looks like I got it up to about 3/4 strength. I'll wait until midday to try starting it. If it still won't start I'll charge it some more. I think my other little charger is only 1 amp and made for motorcycles. It should be a good trickle charger for my ATV and if I had a garage it would be in their charging overnight.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

Hooray!!!!!!! My van started right up! I put the charger back on for an hour, first this morning, to give it a good boost! I was planning to slide my smallest heater 6'' high under the oil pan, but since the temps are warmer and 0 wind chill, decided to try COLD TURKEY lol and it fired, no problem! I'm just hoping it will start on its own after shutting it down allowing the motor to cool down, plus with temps getting into 50's for weekend....we'll see, keeping fingers x'ed! Just in time too, since out of FOOD, *** WIPE, DEPENDS, EXTRA STRENGTH FOOT POWDER, CROTCH ITCH WIPES, HEMROID MEDS. (really needed from setting around way tooooo much, watching boob tube'eee!) , MAN'LY PANTIES you know all those real hard core man/men/dudes kind of thingies!!

Old 02-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Frank, that is what extension cords are for, just put the plug inside a zip lock baggie and leave that trickle charger hooked up full time thru winter. Better for your battery anyway... Steve..those items you described are " necessities" for us more experienced folks!

Old 02-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

I've read to never lube battery post, better to clean and tighten dry? You would thing lube would seal better, eliminating post corrosion/crusting, with better contact between post and connectors? I just ordered post cleaner's, the type that shaves the parts,rather than the wire type, that leave lines in soft metal parts, and mixes/smears post crud/grease into parts, causing less contact, between mating parts, is my thinking,anyways. My 1 cent worth lol

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50