General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Old 02-03-2019, 12:29 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I have a few of those adapters, not made for heavy draw but a bettery maintainer would not be a problem. See there ...no excuse for not keeping your battery up!
I won't be running my flex core welder off it, that's for sure. Whenever I needed power outside before it was always for a short time and I ran a cord out the back door. An outdoor outlet would be nice but I have so many other things I have to spend all my money on, like plumbing. Plus I just got hit with home insurance and car insurance both last month. Too many bills, not enough money.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Just went thru the home/auto ins thing myself. My company decided my home increased in value 30% and so didi the cost. Needless to say time to. change companies. Switched everything to new companies and saved over 300 per year with equal or in some cases better coverage! As my vehicles get older the ins kept going up...not right! One company did try to explain...newer cars with these fancy cameras in back and sensors to keep people in there lane and stop the car for you when your to busy eatin your fries are very expensive to replace. Cars made in the last couple years with all the gizmos can cost 10-12000 yes thousand for a front bumper/ grill due to all those sensors. Rear bumper are 6- 8000 due to backup sensors. A newer car is easily totaled out if in between two other cars in a 25mph accident. New technology to help the idiots behind the wheel are costing us big time! The price we pay so idiots can drive.....

Old 02-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm with Citizens home and auto, dirt cheap over AAA-AssAssAssHoleWiper/looser ins.! For the 2 vans, and full house ins. $120 mo. It dropped dramatically when combining veh./car together, and leaving AAA! lol
GOOD NEWS/ BAD MEWS this morning!! Good first.... can't wait! All the vehicles started without a single battery charge! The bad news, just as soon as I started the last vehicle the 4x4, all our power, within 2 sq miles, went out! Good thing! since that got me to uncover the fish pond and saw solid ice, not sure how long its been froze over, I had to use a heavy crowbar to bust thru! No bad smell, so that's on a positive note! At least they were getting their water circulated, even though it was under the ice, which hopeful added oxygen to them! Just got power back on min ago. and my generator just ran out of gas lol
My e250 van battery, just checked, is almost 10 yr old, and I have discharged it, a dozen times or more and still keeps on aw kicking! I uncovered the motor this morning, shaved battery posts and conn. bright-n-shinny! bolted em down and fired right up!! its an Economy battery, but unable to find anything on them, on net.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:08 PM
THE BERMINATOR

My ATV battery shipped from Illinois at 4:45 P.M. today and UPS says I should have it tomorrow, not Wednesday-Friday.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:50 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I bought my battery from Avid Cycles of Victorville, CA on amazon. Their name is on all of the paperwork and the box, but the email from UPS said it came from Tucker Rocky in Illinois. That's Tucker's nearest distribution center to me and it took less than 24 hours to get it from there to my house. It would have taken 3 or 4 days to get it from California, so that worked out well for me. I'll read the directions for the battery tomorrow and maybe charge it up, but I won't be skating around my driveway trying to install it. Maybe in a few days.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Freezing rain pouring down heavy! since 2:30 am. a little letup just now, and on radar another round expected to go onto 8 am this morning! Got gen. on the ready, since day before yesterdays power outage use!
Havent seen it this bad since the 60's when we ice skated on concrete, even graveled streets with thick ice on everything! I'll never forget that day, with trees glistening in the sunlight, and on a NO SCHOOL DAY!! That's back in the day, when every kid had skates and used them a lot every year!

Old 02-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

$1895 dealer in Monroe, Mi.

Been trying to find, for over 6 months now, a used 14-16' flat bed trailer, to haul both my quads on, or mine and friends atv. There has been totally nothing out there, within 5 states! Which means in my view, even if I buy a new trailer going for under $1900, that it won't loose much/any resale value when ready to sell, since apparently used trailers sell right away for whatever your asking within reason. I was hoping on finding a trailer that size for around a grand but nothing available in a used condition at all! no matter at any price! I would prefer a 14' without rails/tailgate/ramp and load from side, but there hard/impossible to find, even new, for under 2k. I'll keep looking though lol I might have to settle on the new 16' w/rails, and tailgate which I'll end up removing the gate like I have in the past to reduce weight!

Old 02-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Youhave a trailer manufacturer right in your neighborhood or a little south of you. They build trailer to your specs, they built my sideload trailer back in 2003 and did a great job at a fair price. Look up "Bedford Machine" right on Telegraph rd. The pic you show wil make it difficult to load and unload with the rails in the way. You would be better off with a snow mobile trailer and load them side to side. I made sides for my trailer from 2x12 that were made to be removed and used as ramps for loading and unloading. Trailer worked great, added an aluminum tongue box for any accessories I took along and the spare tire. Also look at "John" trailer on Lewis ave in Mich just over the line, that is where I bought my enclosed trailer.
You might want to consider an enclosed trailer, after having mine I would never go back to an open trailer!

Old 02-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I have considered enclosed trailers, and would be ideal, since we could use it as a trailer to camp in, after unloading wheelers, but our city ord. forbids storing them on res. lots....I can hear you right now, saying. ''that's why I live way out from you smelly city folk'' lol Also the cost is way out of my budget, since I would need one big enough for 2 ATV's, then there's the extra weight of enclosure compared to just flatbed, plus the 2 quads! The reason for rails is for added strength when carrying that heavy a load, where a snowmobile trailer would be ideal for loading from sides, I don't believe their built strong enough for these heavy 4x4's. and with their much smaller tires under the trailer.
With the trailer I posted a picture of, think about this, if we were to double up, just using one vehicle and loading our ATV's on that trailer, it would save on driving 2 vehicles, save og gas splitting cost, and best part, being able to enjoy ea. others company, making for a much more enjoyable trip....together lol I'll even buy the trailer, now how can anybody turn down an offer like that! What do you say? Don't ride alone, you know has always been my motto lol

Old 02-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

My custom made trailer was siniliar to a snowmobile trailer, 2000lb cap..more than 2 big quads. Steve you saw it when we met at Bundy . Towed that all over the midwest for 18 years with no issues at speeds of 75mph. I just wouldnt want to wrestle my quad over those rails. They can make that same trailer with the rails under the bed...look around...see bedford machine! They can build anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50