General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still no snow.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its only 3 deg this morning, and our snow is hard as a rock where it was plowed. Some drifts covering everything that we worked so hard yesterday to clear....not complaining....been asking for this stuff all winter, and its like GOLD to me, I'm hoping for more! Just wish we had a little more, to make it worth while for drag out the 4x4 plow! Still might get it out, just to play around with, since the new plow has never been used. We got a grand total here in SE MI. of 5.5 + 1.5 already on ground, so around 7'ish. Not bad for our first big snow of the season!

Old 01-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

After all that whining you didnt use the quad? Shame on you, that KQ probably feels neglected and wont even start for you! Surprisingly I didnt have much drifting on my drive, some but nthing over a foot deep. With the wind much of the grass area is barely covered bur much of it ended up piles in front of garage door and the barn doors. Had to bust thru an 18" drift to get the buggy out of the barn but I see it is drifted back this morning will just use the snow blower to xlear that today. Real big drift in rear sidewalk mabey 3' used both the plow and blower to get that gone so the dog could get out to pee. Will do some smoothing out and touching up so I am ready for the next round come tuesday. Been fun but damn cold now! Need to get the blood thickened up!!

Old 01-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

GOOD NEWS!! Just took the KQ out for the first time, with, never used before virgin plow on, and loves deep snow, no slippage of tires, no matter how much snow it pushed, with those 12'' wide rear aggressive tires, just installed last mo., that I'm sure helped a lot! Never thought to put it into 4 WD but never needed it! I got started and couldn't stop, going around the neighborhood, having a ball! Loud Yahoo yelling coming out my mouth, uncontrollably lol Have plow will travel

Old 01-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you were so excited that you night have had to change your undies when you got back in? I have to admit it was fun...after plowing, dropped plow blade and went out and made donuts! Grandaughter made her first donuts. .not sure what the yard will look like come spring!!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got about 2 inches of snow here.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your catching up lol

Old 01-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
Sounds like your catching up lol
Rain comming in wed...gonna destroy our snow, temps of 37 degrees, then freezing cold on thur night. Temps will stay cold but snow will be history! Gettin crapped on again!

Old 01-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

Michigan trail buddy needed, to join me for St Helen trip this spring/summer, camping, trail riding! Over 50 to have more things in common. 2 or more days would be great! Let me know and lets ride! Thanks, Steve

Old 01-30-2019, 11:12 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's -14 degrees right now with a wind chill of -34. If it warmed up 46 degrees it would still be freezing. And if the wind chill was 66 degrees warmer it would still feel like 32 degrees. What the...? Mother nature is really pissed off at us. The power companies are saying that this weather is overtaxing the electrical grid and gas supply. The governor is asking everyone to turn their heat down to 55 degrees or less tonight. That's not going to happen. I'll turn it down to 65 like I do most nights, and enjoy the heat while I have it. If we lose gas and electric power I'll switch to plan B. You should always have a plan B.

My ATV battery is dead and I can't go get a new one. My truck won't start either. The oil is probably thicker than molasses. It cranked a few times, then nothing. This is my truck's 19th winter and the battery has only been replaced once. I got my money's worth out of the original and the replacement. I actually wanted to cash a check I have here and get a new battery, but even if the truck started, the credit union I planned on going to was closed all day.

P.S. In Mio where it's usually about 10 degrees colder than here it's actually 14 degrees warmer. There's more even wind there but less wind chill so it feels 16 degrees warmer than here.

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50