General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Originally posted by: silverbullet2005
the new gander mountain store built by my house now carries artic cat quads and those twister carts your describing. they sell them for 2999.00. they are only 2wd. sams club sells about the same thing for a lot better price.
Sam's carries the Yerf-Dog 3206. Which isn't as good as the Dazon/KPX/Twister models. It lacks reverse, front disc brakes, and ATV style hubs and wheels. I just ordered 2 KPX Xterro's from Toy Junkie's for $1999 each. I also ordered their performance kit(pipe, jet kit, and K&N) for an extra $300.

Where do get the performance CDI's for these Karts?

Old 09-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Originally posted by: silverbullet2005
the new gander mountain store built by my house now carries artic cat quads and those twister carts your describing. they sell them for 2999.00. they are only 2wd. sams club sells about the same thing for a lot better price.
Sam's carries the Yerf-Dog 3206. Which isn't as good as the Dazon/KPX/Twister models. It lacks reverse, front disc brakes, and ATV style hubs and wheels. I just ordered (2) KPX Xterro's from Toy Junkie's for $1999 each. I also ordered their performance kit(pipe, jet kit, and K&N) for an extra $300.

Where do get the performance CDI's for these Karts?
Here's a link to the KPX's website:

http://www.kpxmotors.com/unique.html

Old 09-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I purchased a Twister Hammer head a month ago,
after 2 hours the reverse cable broke and the motor blew up, bad piston casting.
They sent me another piston and gaskets
after 1.5 hours the engine went again, same problem with the piston
they say that they have an updated piston design and are sending it to me,
if it goes again I will use the lemon law...
The cart is basically a good design and well built, The motor is a copy of a Honda, down to the color code of the wiring.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneCountry
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I purchased a Twister Hammer head a month ago,
after 2 hours the reverse cable broke and the motor blew up, bad piston casting.
They sent me another piston and gaskets
after 1.5 hours the engine went again, same problem with the piston
they say that they have an updated piston design and are sending it to me,
if it goes again I will use the lemon law...
The cart is basically a good design and well built, The motor is a copy of a Honda, down to the color code of the wiring.
The piston problem must be something new. Since they use that same motor in several different applications. My Yerf-Dog 3206 has the same motor and it's been trouble free for over a year now.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

What happened was that the lower oil ring land gave way just above the wrist pin on both pistons, there is not much support there.

I took the barrel and pistons to my machinist who does all of my engine work, (I have 17 rental quads)
He mic-ed the pistons and found that there is no camber in the skirt. The skirt should be .007 to.010 narrower than the dome, he showed me this with a Wiesco, What he figures is happening is the side thrust is causing a problem.
When I explained this to the seller he said that the importer had just received a new/different batch of pistons from the factory.
Might have just been a bad batch.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

WOW.. guys you're making me worry.

I bought two of these Twister HammerHeads in June. I've only ran them about 10-15hrs. (at most) this summer. Although, very hard racing hours.. and the only problems I've had so far "knock on wood" is the bolts loosening. Hell I even rolled one upside down and rolled it back over and drove it back.

So far I've been impressed with them, but the only complaint would be the take off power.. you're not going to get a hole shot out of one of these stock. But then I have a 15y/o and hopefully he'll learn a lil' bit of driving technique and get the wild driving out on these and not on the street.

Old 09-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

What happened was that the lower oil ring land gave way just above the wrist pin on both pistons, there is not much support there.

I took the barrel and pistons to my machinist who does all of my engine work, (I have 17 rental quads)
He mic-ed the pistons and found that there is no camber in the skirt. The skirt should be .007 to.010 narrower than the dome, he showed me this with a Wiesco, What he figures is happening is the side thrust is causing a problem.
When I explained this to the seller he said that the importer had just received a new/different batch of pistons from the factory.
Might have just been a bad batch.
Have you looked into aftermarket pistons? I know Ross will build custom pistons for reasonable cash outlay.

Old 09-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, we have discussed boring it to 180cc and using a wiesco.
The problem is that we only have 3 hours on a brand new machine,still under warranty, the seller might opt to cover my costs though

Old 09-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, we have discussed boring it to 180cc and using a wiesco.
That sounds pretty interesting. Does Wiseco currently make a piston for these engines? If so, in what compression ratio's?

Old 09-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nobody makes a stock replacement for a 150cc, we talked about boring it out to 63mm which would make it a 185cc, using a honda style piston, if the pin to deck height is the same.
compression ratio would be stock,

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart