General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

New Honda Pioneers to Come With Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 01:58 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default New Honda Pioneers to Come With Traction Control

Honda has unveiled two new limited-edition versions of its popular flagship side-by-side, the Pioneer 1000-5 LE and Pioneer 1000 LE, both of which come with a new I-4WD system:

Honda Announces Traction Control Equipped Pioneers - ATVConnection.com

Old 11-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This sounds a lot like the visco lock system Can-am has. It may work fine but having a true locking front diff is still best. You only use diff-lock when you really need it. Limited slip 4x4 is sufficient the other 95% of the time you use 4x4. When you need diff-lock, waiting for system that works off wheelslip might not keep you from getting stuck. 4x4 is for preventing you from getting stuck, not getting you unstuck after you get stuck. You engage it just before you encounter a tough spot, not after you get stuck. Same goes for diff-lock. You engage it before you try to tackle that deep mudhole not after you're already in it. Its too late for it to help then.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I do know one thing, I don't want to be the first one to buy it, I like to wait until the bugs get ironed out. Mfgrs are so keen on getting new stuff to market that they sometimes do not test things thoroughly. I am still a big fan off the diff-lok system...just push a button and go thru most anything without worry, and its been around for so long that everyone has confidence in it.