General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

12v tire inflators

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 12v tire inflators

Looking thru my travel kit in anticipation of the upcoming riding season and I am thinking I need to upgrade my 12v tire inflator. The one I currently have is a real cheapy, less then 10 bucks, made from mostly plastic. Gets real hot after one minute and takes forever to inflate a tire (20 min) and doesn't pump up much pressure. In searching for reviews most everything revolves around the Slime inflators, not wanting to knock their product, but many of the reviews have been questionable. So...looking for real world experience....so what are your recommendations on 12v tire inflators to carry in the UTV tool kit? Thanks in advance for all your help

Old 12-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Harbor Freight. They have a cheapo that I'd steer clear of, but for around $29 they have a pretty nice one. It could even save your butt in a Jeep/ Pickup. A bit slow, but pretty fast for atv tires. I put Slime in mine and it pumped em up pretty quickly. Comes with a kit and nice canvas bag.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrex
Check out Harbor Freight. They have a cheapo that I'd steer clear of, but for around $29 they have a pretty nice one. It could even save your butt in a Jeep/ Pickup. A bit slow, but pretty fast for atv tires. I put Slime in mine and it pumped em up pretty quickly. Comes with a kit and nice canvas bag.

That is one I was looking at just waiting to find some people that have actually used one to see if they really work in the real world. Thanks

Old 12-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know Harbor Freight, haha. I was actually thinking of keeping one in my Ram and my Dodge Magnum, as I gave away my spare on the wagon and to lazy to put the spare back on my Ram. Keep some Slime and the pump in each.