Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

Whatcha got for pistols

Old 04-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whatcha got for pistols

Mine are 44 super RedHawk , 357 Blackhawk and a 38+p lcr
Wife's 357 gp-100 , lc380 and a38+p lcr

Old 04-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Sig P320 . That's for now, had a bunch of Contenders in many different calibers, but sold em all. They were very accurate though. Had a Glock 19 once, nice shooter, but I think the Sig is even better. Next one might be a Kimber in .45. Friend has one, it's nice.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have pictures of most of them but I'll list what I can remember. 1 stainless steel Contender with 5 or 6 barrels in various calibers, plus a chamber adapter to shoot .22 Long Rifle in my .223 Remington barrel. 3 Para-Ordnance double-column .45s, all in different sizes. 1 is an LDA. 2 Ruger .22 pistols, a Mark II Target and a 22/45. 1 75th Anniversary Walther PPK. 1 Ruger LCP. 1 NAA Mini .22 LR/Magnum convertible. I also have a Mech-Tech Carbine Conversion Unit for the full-size Para .45.

It seems like I'm forgetting something but that might be all. My favorite revolver was a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum I got from my dad but no longer have. I took off the 8 inch barrel and put on a 4 inch barrel with a muzzle brake that added about an inch and a half to it. I had a Colt series 80 .45 but sold it to a friend sometime after I built my Para-Ordnance 13+1 from an aluminum frame kit they sold back in 1988. It has mostly Colt Series 80 parts and I have 15 round and 20 round mags for it that also fit the 2 smaller Paras. After 29 years the old gun rattles like a maraca but still shoots.

I also have a pistol permit for my Ruger 10/22 rifle with a folding stock. With the stock folded it's less than 30 inches long which is considered a pistol in Michigan and the pistol permit is required to own it. I also used to have a short-barreled 20 Gauge shotgun with a pistol grip on it that was just barely legal and had a pistol permit for it too.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't have a lot of pics of mine as well but here goes..Taurus 605 SS 357, Mackarov 918, Ruger mk III, Springfield XD 9mm, Ruger .380, also two Olympic match air pistols. Also a variety of rifles and shotguns. And no I don't need a security system, every one in my area has a shooting range in their backyard and we watch each others places.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Moto Psycho

The Mark II Target with 6&7/8 inch barrel was my dad's gun. The first shot I ever fired out of it killed a red squirrel that was way up a pine tree. If you aren't familiar with red squirrels they're small like chipmunks and nothing like the common fox squirrels. I've since put a Houge target grip with thumb shelf on it. Ruger MK II / MK III Rubber grip w/Right Hand Thumb Rest Black | Hogue Inc.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

I had a 14" barrel Contender in .358 Winchester (rechambered a .35 Rem) That was quite a scope killer, killed every scope until I put on a Burris. It was as accurate as I could shoot with hot hand loads, 200g Hornaday, Fed 215 Primer and lots of Hodgton H322. Shoot 10 rounds, ho home.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

We have some red squirrels around here as well, at least we still have some left! They are destructive creatures and even though small they kill off the fox squirrels by getting into a fight and biting off the fox squirrels genitals so they cant reproduce...yes that would be one heck of a fight!! I have some friends that have a place to shoot them with their rimfire rifles and I have been invited along on a few occasions. Now I hunt with a .22 cal air rifle and we bet lunch on who gets the most. I have never had to but lunch yet, probably why the invites are getting fewer, but the air rifle makes little noise compared to the rimfire so I normally get follow up shots if I miss where he doesn't...

Old 04-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Colt Tactical Officers Light Weight 45, S&W 357,double barrel 38 special semi auto derringer,22 derringer,all out of sight,out of reach except by me. Most powerful weapon I have is is a light sleeping Chihuahua..

Old 04-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
We have some red squirrels around here as well, at least we still have some left! They are destructive creatures and even though small they kill off the fox squirrels by getting into a fight and biting off the fox squirrels genitals so they cant reproduce...yes that would be one heck of a fight!! I have some friends that have a place to shoot them with their rimfire rifles and I have been invited along on a few occasions. Now I hunt with a .22 cal air rifle and we bet lunch on who gets the most. I have never had to but lunch yet, probably why the invites are getting fewer, but the air rifle makes little noise compared to the rimfire so I normally get follow up shots if I miss where he doesn't...
When my dad told me about the red squirrels biting the nuts off a fox squirrel in a fight I thought it was just one of those old man stories. Then one day I shot a squirrel on the road from as far away as my 20 gauge would reach. It was so big that from that distance I wasn't sure if it was a squirrel or rabbit but it was open season on both so I fired. After I shot I ran up to it to finish it off and when I picked it up and looked at it there was about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch scar where the nuts should have been. Unbelievable. That was the only one one I ever saw like that.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Lots of people don't believe that story but it's true. Look around where the reds have taken over the population and you will find very few fox squirrels. And if you can kill one you will probably see the same thing again.

Search this Thread