Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

Computer tech help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer tech help?

Hey im having trouble permantly deleating the trojan files out of my computer. I have one of the best computers.. like memory wize.. i have 80GB hard drive.. 256MB.. of somthing.. and its supposed to be fast at he!! but ever since ive dowlnoaded Kazaa and Limewire.. which mess it up totally.. ive never gotten it back to lightning speed (like it used to be).

I had software called.. adaware.. and there were some trojans taking up a whole lot of memory in that program. Ive tried to delete them but they dont permantly delete.

I have T1 connection and i just want speed.. enough bullsh!tting i need speed.. like my new YFZ450!!!!!

Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

go to www.chaseandsam.com and go to downloads download ad aware its free it will get rid of most of them and then read through there free downloads they have somethings thats made to get rid of things that kaza downloaded into your computter i had the same problem you had about a year back if you have any more problem email me at xtaceice@aol.com or im me let me know how it goes good luck .---JEREMY

Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Really? Hmm.. from what ive heard adaware is a leading cause of trojans connecting to your computer.. ive used it for a while and man was it great!!! but i bought norton anti virus and after it scanned, it fount 18 trojans and 2 low risk viruses. all the trojans were connected to adaware.. and i have no clue about the viruses.. very scary.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

ok first.. QUIT LOOKING AT ****!!!! 2nd.. reformat and install mozilla firefox and never use IE again.. 3rd go up to 512 in ram... 4th.. if's it a Gateway or a compaq.. that explains alot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

also... 4months virus/adware/trojan free [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHA yea that **** will get ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Wow speedy.. your smart!!!!! lol i have absolutely no clue what anything you said besides the stop looking at **** part.

Can you explain deeper?

Trending Topics

Old 02-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Its a gateway! What is IE.. and mozilla firefox ???

Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

exactly its a g@yway, i mean gateway.

IE is internet explorer which is probably what your using to browse these forums since your on a T1 connection. Mozilla is just a different browser. I find it more efficient and it blocks a bunch of bs scripts and file (spyware, viruses, ect.) from getting on to your PC w/o you knowing it. now it doesnt stop all of them, but its way better then IE.

reformating, is simply reinstalling windows. that doesn't mean go to my computer and delete every file there, get your windows disk, pop it in your cd rom and reboot, go from there its fairly simple.

RAM is what your computer uses to run programs, such as IE, Mozilla, Winamp, windows media player, your games and what not. by todays standards 256mb is very minimal. as speedy said go up to atleast 512mb of ram.

now as for deleting the trojans. if your running Win XP, which i take it you are if your computer is fairly new. you have to turn off system restore and reboot. ( forgot exact steps and its fairly time consuming to explain) this should delete all your restore points. (they save your data so you can revert back if you install something and it f***s up your stuff) most of the time viruses hide here because your computer doesnt think about them, so you can delete the active virus all you want but its still gonna be there in system restore.

hopefully this helps some.

Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

OR U CAN ALSO GET THE SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY TOGETHER WITH AD AWARE ITS GREAT FINDS ALOT OF SPYWARE...AND FOR VIRUS PROTECTION I WOULD GO WITH AVG...WWW.GRISOFT.COM..ITS FREE......AND U CAN ALSO GET REG SEEKER WHICH CLEANS OUT YOUR REGESTRY...WHICH WHAT XP STARTS WITH AND IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG OR CORRUPT IT ALSO SLOWS DOWN YOUR COMPUTER..BUT U HAVE TO BUY THE REGSEEKER..BUT ITS WORTH IT....

Quick Reply: Computer tech help?