Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

Why are pic's not allowed or offered in the forum threads

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are pic's not allowed or offered in the forum threads

I belong to 5 or 6 Forums and spend as much time or more enjoying this one as any other, But as big and popular as this forum is I have to ask why are pic's not offered or allowed in the the discusion threads as most all the others allow this. I have to say I like being able to through a pic in from time to time to help illistrate what I am talking about with out having to go through all the trouble to delete one from my page load in a new one and wait for a moderator to approve it before continuing on in a discusion that a simple pic would help get a point accross or illistrait what you are trying to describe. Don't get me wrong I love the connection, but would like to have this feature added in the future if it is possable.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can, just host it somewhere and throw a link to it in the thread.

While I agree its a nice feature to have pics in-post, if ATVC hosted them I cant imagine the obscene bandwidth costs.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems like I have tried the link thing before, Like when I have a pic from a similar discusion on N'rock. I would try and link it and would not work because its a compeditors site or something like that, and the connection software would block it. Is that not the case anymore. It has been quite a while since I tryed it that way. Just the same the visual pic in the thread is much better IMO. I kinda understand the bandwidth deal though, Is the issue do to the higher number of members on the connection vs the others that takes up the band width. I also belong to several Diesel forums and Jeep Forums and they also allow the instant pic's in the threads. This is realy the only one I can think of that I use allot that does not allow them. Its not realy a big deal I still love the conection but I would rather have the pics option rather than the videos. everyone has a digital camera now days, I think it is something most fokes would be able to make good use of and enjoy.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps if they allowed html in the posts and img tags we could view the pictures in the thread and still not have bandwidth issues since the pics are hosted elsewhere. That seems like the logical solution to me. That and removing some of the very numerous post word restrictions.