ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Help With Forum Software! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/help-forum-software/)
-   -   Enough of the Bull Sh** animated ads slowing this site down!!!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/help-forum-software/234711-enough-bull-sh-animated-ads-slowing-site-down.html)

FastEd 03-24-2006 05:23 PM

Enough of the Bull Sh** animated ads slowing this site down!!!!!

I have not been to the site for a few weeks and I don't know if I will be back. The amount of annimated ads that this site is now displaying is slowing the crap out of this site. I have a dedicated T1 line for my internet access and the pages here are loading like a dial up connectgion!!! I can't imagine how slow those pages are loading. A few ads here and there are ok, but whoever is arranging to serve up the same annimated ads in 3 seperate boxs at the same time is an iddiot. Yes, I have checked other sites and a few speed tests and the problem is with this site. Sorry for the rant, the the excess adds are making me mad!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

jason43050 03-24-2006 05:27 PM

i 2nd that!!! i understand this site doesn't pay for itself but come on, if you got to wait 4ever to read something, it's almost not worth it!!

offroadxkitten 03-24-2006 05:29 PM

I noticed that when I logged on.I am on a highspeed connection that
should NOT be taking this long to load up every time I click a link on here.

Either the server sucks or it`s the ads and I myself am betting on the ads...

xFreebirdx 03-24-2006 05:31 PM

Funny how people complain about something they get to use for free. It's those adds that pay for your ability to use it for free. =[

FastEd 03-24-2006 05:37 PM

I fully understand the need for ads, and I have been coming to this site and buying things from the advertisers since 2002. However, when the ammount of ads being served diminishes ones ability to effectively surf this site and take advantage of the info herein then it is time to go elseware.

ED

xFreebirdx 03-24-2006 05:38 PM

Originally posted by: FastEd
I fully understand the need for ads, and I have been coming to this site and buying things from the advertisers since 2002. However, when the ammount of ads being served diminishes ones ability to effectively surf this site and take advantage of the info herein then it is time to go elseware.

ED
Ummmm, OK. =]

offroadxkitten 03-24-2006 05:40 PM

I ain`t complaining..It just gets to be a touch frustrating from time to time.
I understand it`s because of them we get to use these type of discussion
boards for free.I used to staff one of these things. - I just understand how
irritating it is to the users.

It would be alright if they took the biggest paying sponsor and added a banner
at the top or somewhere on the main page that you can see no matter what link
ya click on throughout the site then have listed sponsor links placed somewhere
else on the page wich is easily accesible to users.

I was just agreeing with the fact that the animated ads do tend to slow down
the speed of things as they load when you click a link.

dbeck 03-24-2006 05:44 PM

FastEd,

Nothiing like sticking your foot n your mouth in front of thousands of people, by making assumptions about things you know nothing about. The Ads have nothing to do with the site being slow.

Our traffic has doubled in the last few months. We're out of bandwidth. Our line maxes out at about 8:00 AM in the morning and it doesn't taper off until late at night.

We have an order placed to double our bandwidth. As soon as they can get another line ran to our office the speed problems will go away.

Oh...and by the way...its those Ads that are paying for the new line so that your speed will be really good again.

offroadxkitten 03-24-2006 05:47 PM

funny thing about the ads though....they are a bitch depending on the connection the user
has as well...when on dial up it freaking blows cuz of some animated ads....it is a total pain
in the arse...

offroadxkitten 03-24-2006 05:50 PM

Originally posted by: dbeck
FastEd,

Nothiing like sticking your foot n your mouth in front of thousands of people, by making assumptions about things you know nothing about. The Ads have nothing to do with the site being slow.

Our traffic has doubled in the last few months. We're out of bandwidth. Our line maxes out at about 8:00 AM in the morning and it doesn't taper off until late at night.

We have an order placed to double our bandwidth. As soon as they can get another line ran to our office the speed problems will go away.

Oh...and by the way...its those Ads that are paying for the new line so that your speed will be really good again.
¸
hey...how many sponsors do you guys have anyway?