Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

RSS Feeds

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSS Feeds

I get all of my updates through the RSS Feeds. I've been noticing that they do not seem to update very often. The previous Forum software seemed to have live RSS feeds. Now it seems that they are regulated somehow.

I came in this morning not checking the site since around 3pm on 4/29 now at 8am 4/30 none of my feeds show any of the new threads. It almost make the RSS feeds useless because 75% of the time I have to go to the forums anyway to read new threads.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, as of right now I don't have access to that area. I'll keep looking into it tho.

But I did find some info for another admin trying to automatically update his rss feeds.

Scheduled Tasks are triggered by code in the footer template, so if you have modified this template or added code to other templates it may interfere with the running of the tasks. Also if there is no activity on your forums, the task won't run.
Steve Machol, vBulletin Customer Support Manager
Steve please tell me there's a way to work around the "no activity no task run".
When you're trying to get content in and no one's in the forum it seems silly to me to have the RSS feed go to sleep. I really need to have the RSS feed to automatically get the feeds and post them regardless of whether some one is in the forum. My site is floundering and I really need to automate some functions.
vBulletin Client
There is no workaround. That is the only way that vB can trigger scheduled tasks.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

If I understand correctly he is saying that the RSS feeds do not update unless there is new activity, which, is how it has previously worked and how I expect it to work. The problem is that the threads have activity and there are several new threads but, the RSS Feeds are not show the new threads and are not showing any updates. : /

I think they're broke.
Thanks for the help.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Lil FYI, xFreebirdx. It's been 2 days with no updates to my feeds. I am subscribed to the Honda, yamaha, other atv topics, sport quads, as well as the all encompassing feed. I have deleted them and re-subscribed to no avail.

Their definitely broke.