ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Help With Forum Software! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/help-forum-software/)
-   -   Help required for 2 x Chinese junk quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/help-forum-software/324242-help-required-2-x-chinese-junk-quads.html)

DS 650 X 02-27-2010 11:28 PM

Help required for 2 x Chinese junk quads

Hi, i recently swapped a New stand on electric scooter [Chinese Segway] i imported from China to Western Australia for 2 x used Chinese 110 cc quads.
I have contacted the seller numerous times about these problems but will not return my calls or answer the phone. :(
Whilst doing the swap, he claimed they both ran, but one needed new fuel and a battery and the other needed tank repair and a battery.
Anyhow, i had to purchase a New tank and battery for one.
The other needed a new carby and battery.:huh:

Since installing the new batteries, the new tank and putting new fresh fuel in them both, turning the key on and pressing the start switches on both, nothing operates at all? The starter motors do not turn over or anything.? :huh: I put a car battery on each one separately a to increase amps, still no life. I have checked fuses and wiring, still no life! :(

Can anyone suggest something please? I am so jacked off with these bits of junk, it's not funny! One is a Zongshen and the other is a no brand motor or some bit of junk. They have been left outside with no cover on them but are not rusty.
Any idea's?? Please help. :mad: I wanted a cheapie so me and the Mrs could ride together and made this huge mistake purchasing Chinese junk.! :mad:

Not Happy..Just Not Happy..! :huh:

Sisco1957 02-28-2010 07:49 PM

You have to apply the brake before the starter will turn.

DS 650 X 03-01-2010 12:19 AM

Hi, yes have done that too!
I have just checked out all the wiring. cut the cable ties to loosen off the wiring so i can check the connections too. What connections? Somone has cut the connectors off and wound the stripped ends to the female connectors under the clear sheathes??, so the connections are going to be crappy.
I also traced the wiring [from memory solid brown wire and green and yellow striped wire] and have found power in the switch but brown wire is cut and green and yellow wire spliced and connected to solid red colour wire??:huh: Why would this have been done??:huh:
Do you happen to know where i can get a free wiring diagram for a non-branded 110 cc chinese quad motor?:eek: anyone?:eek: The motor has two nuts/bolts coming out of where the name usually is on the lower motor side covers, but no name.
Any help would be great..please!!;)

machine maggot 03-01-2010 08:04 AM

do thay have pole cord or is it missing

machine maggot 03-01-2010 08:05 AM

thay are for qwike shut off

DS 650 X 03-01-2010 08:24 AM

Hi, yes, it's in place, cheers!