Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

EVERYONE read this a new honda is her...760

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVERYONE read this a new honda is her...760

I can't see Honda coming out with anything as powerful as a 760. I should say that I can't see Honda's lawyers allowing Honda to come out with a 760. Remember that this is the company that sets the towing limit at 850lbs. on all their larger machines because of the lawyers.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought Honda as well as Yamaha were going to release 450 quad this year.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Why come out with a NEW big bore engine, when you already have a desert race proven engine in the XR650??? Could it be a 650 bored out to 760????

If it is for real, I hope it isn't a sportied up version of the Rincon (a la the Kawi V-force).

Old 05-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
Riznaptor, I know this forums are all about opinions, but 2 strokes dont suck,You have to admit that they will go faster than a 4stroke and are lighter too.im just making a point man dont take it the wrong way.I even own a 4stroke.
Dont take it personal.

I dont like them because of the lack of power when you need it sometimes. Reliability if also a factor (but yamaha has proven that even 4 strokes can break fast). That and the 2 stroke really dont do that well in dirt. 250r's do okay when you have them build for more midrange but sometimes that is a huge task. The only place they really flourish is in the dunes. And really, im not impressed by them anymore. My old raptor would out drag any banshee with pipes and a filter on it. It also never got beat by any 250r. And i dragged several.

But really that statement is jsut a joke, dont take it too seriously.. Just remember it when a thumper walks by you some day out on the dunes.

BTW I will probably be buying a 250r soon. BUT im thinking about a crf450 motor, or maybe even an big KTM 520??

oh yean, im sure both your bikes would have beat me if that makes you feel better. But my raptor did only have a piston,exhaust,and intake. Not much for beating piped banshees.

Old 05-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Mudslingin400z, That was an April Fools joke in Dirtwheels... They have one like that every year, someone takes a lot of time making photos look like that.

Old 05-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

If honda did come out with a 760 I think it would be more aimed at compeating with the prairie 650 than the big "sport" quads out there.. Besides honda already has the perfict engine to put in a sport quad... The crf 450 would compeat with any sport out there If its not detuned..

Old 05-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Raptorblaser is just a Yamaha guy having us on?????????

Old 05-30-2003, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
Riznaptor, I know this forums are all about opinions, but 2 strokes dont suck,You have to admit that they will go faster than a 4stroke and are lighter too.im just making a point man dont take it the wrong way.I even own a 4stroke.
hondaracer, there is a guy at the race track close to my house that will kick any 2 or 4 stroke you a ever seen on his raptor. He has raced all season and not lost once. Everyone is not a bad racer either. Just to let you know how fast this thing is, he goes half throttle in 5 gear or less than that. So I have to go with Riznaptor, 2 strokes suck.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Please do not take offense, but curlytop there is simply no logic to your post! You make no valid points comparing a two stroke and a four stroke. Besides a race track is mostly about skill and having a good handling quad. Good suspension means more than having insane amounts of horsepower on a motocross track. And to all of you who think two strokes don't belong in the woods you must have been reading dirt wheels to long, and are afraid to shift, if you rev a two stroke it will make plenty of horsepower, but keep in mind two strokes are not for the faint of heart, they are meant for people who like to ride fast and hard. They are not for people who like to lug their machines around! All the two strokes in the atv world (banshee and 250 R ) are working with about half the displacement of four strokes to begin with! Why do you think the AMA allows 450s to compete with 250s in motocross and supercross, because they simply do not make equal amounts of horsepower per cc. To me this is unfair. As far as reliability goes, a well designed two stroke will last a very long time, and with the exception of replacing pistons and rings very occasionally they should be able to outlast a four stroke. Why? Simply because they have less moving parts. No cams, valves, etc. Now I really do like the new four stroke quads out there, I am not biased, as a matter a fact I will probably purchase a Z or 400 EX soon, however you do not give enough credit to two strokes.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

I saw the new honda in a sport ATV magazine, it is for real, they said it is a 750ex and it showed a picture of it, it looks like a jet ski, it is no lie!!

Quick Reply: EVERYONE read this a new honda is her...760