Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Worst Personal Injury to self or someone else seen on ATV

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Personal Injury to self or someone else seen on ATV

I am wondering if anyone has gotten hurt on their bikes and what happened?

Old 08-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I was clearing an 80 ft gap, same one that broke the shock in my BIO, and i was hitting hard and hurt my back real bad, man, i couldnt ride it for weeks.but my friend hit a grassy ditch at about 35mph, got his thumb hung up in the handlebars and it tore the thumbnail and the end of his thumb off, now he has a plastic knuckle.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

First time i hit a hidden stump at like 5mph.(stupid beavers)
Then this afternoon i was jumping and sliding then i change the launch site by a foot and slide on the grass and jumped before it hooked up. (Sideways a 30mph.)
Just a bruise.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am aware of a 16 year old kid that collapsed his lung after a crash...nasty...I have seen lots of nasty stuff on the dunes.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i broke my wrist going around a coner w/ my old honda fourtrx 300 5 gear pinned i forgrt to let off
and then 2 kids where coming up the opsite side of a hill and smashed head on killed a 14 year old. they had no helmets i think.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:09 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

I've had a few good ones myself, but the worst one I ever saw, was at an mx track and there were a few bikes and ATVs running it, but appearently there was one bike running the wrong way/opposite than everone else, he came over the top of a jump, and this quad came over the same jump, both were going at a pretty fast pace, because they collided in air. They hit so hard you could here the crunch from a few hundred feet away. Both rigs were totaled, the quad drvr was able to stand, the biker never woke up before the ambulance took him away.

On top of that when everyone had cleared out a couple of us noticed that there was this pickup and the busted bike. the bike rider was alone, and if we hadn't of called the cops back his bike would have been left there.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Doctors quote, " 8 big pieces didn't count little ones" Shattered left femur just above the knee. 3 days in the pistle, 5 weeks without work, $30,000 worth of doctors bills, 3 titanium screws 1 full lenght rod(titanium) and a stack of x-rays. Moral to the story: sold the 97 300ex and bought a97 banshee and a01 400ex. I can make it around that tree in the middle of the cliff now!

Old 08-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I will limp forever but DAMN it was worth it!

Old 08-23-2003, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Dislocated my shoulder and ended up with eyes full of sand at Glamis YEARS ago. I waved to a couple of cute guys in a sandrail while going full out down sand highway on an atc (I know - duh!!!)

The funny thing is, one of the cute guys was married to a nurse who washed out my eyes and popped my shoulder back in and made me a sling out her husbands old socks! How cool is that?

It hurt pretty bad and the only thing I had for pain was a lot of beer. Driving home was a booger - one arm in a sling, driving a stick, smoking a cig, and drinking a brew. (Of course, I don't smoke at all or drink while driving anymore.) I had to drive with one hand, my knees and elbow.

Marci

Old 08-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Last easter i was jumping with some friend and i jammed my wrist on a landing. It turned out i had broke my scaphoid and required 13 weeks and 2 surgeries. Now they tell me i tore something so it'll be another 2 surgeries and 8 more weeks. Oh well at least i have some shiny pins to show for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Worst Personal Injury to self or someone else seen on ATV