Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda's Response to the Yamaha Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2000, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion of what? What are you arguing?

There's nothing wrong with educating yourself a bit, give it a try sometime.

I said "your Yamaha" due to the fact that you stated you ride a Banshee, Banshee riders are typically offended by anything negative said about Yamaha.

I have already read too many Raptor posts, many by you. I still don't see where you disagree with me.

As AlaskaTRX has pointed out, I have wasted too much time with you, apparently you want to argue about something and trade personal insults. I'm done. Apparently the Army still has some training to do.

Old 06-13-2000, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, it will be interesting to see what the next couple of years will bring. I expect Suzuki to also announce plans on a MX bike based around the DRZ400 engine.

What are the latest rumors for Kawasaki?

I hope some of the manufacturer will concentrate more on technical MX style machines instead of playing follow the leader on the bigbores.

I wonder if the bigbore bikes will be the death of the sport again, as every trailerpark moron out there will decide he needs the biggest, baddest one, then consume a bunch of alcohol and proceed to crush his helmetless skull on the terrain - thus the need for CPSC intervention to protect us from these dangerous bikes.....

Old 06-14-2000, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Where have I insulted you? You initiated the ugliness by calling me sparky and then you try to insult my chosen profession. I tell you what, I train every single day. I am quite sure that you have no idea whatsoever the level of professionalism i maintain. My only point was that until the "new from the ground up"(as stated by Yamaha)ATV is actually tested/ridden, nobody can do anything but speculate. I have speculated that based on what I have seen, people should be patient before handing over hard earned money for a deposit. Alaskatrx has agreed with many of the same things I have said. If you want to take it personally, too bad. By the way, I did see your post way back and I did think you did a good job finding that info, But once again, until I can ride one...

Old 06-14-2000, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

The handling characteristics & speed right now are all specualation. I am SURE that one of the magazines will do a shoot out with the Raptor sometime this fall.

We are all guessing, but what is Honda going to do? Anything?

Old 06-14-2000, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Take a quick look at the post just before the one where I called you "sparky"...

You posted a very condescending, uncalled for, "People like you" reply to what was simply meant as an informative post.

You are also the one prejudging the bike by making statements like "it ain't my yamaha, it won't be my yamaha", then turning a 180 and saying "<snip> until I can ride one...". What I have said is, it looks like they have hosed up the chassis, but time will tell. I have not scratched it off my personal list of potential machines, but from what we have seen (spec wise) it doesn't look good.

BTW, I still don't see where you disagree with anything I've said about the new Raptor, and am still confounded by the post I referenced earlier.

Old 06-14-2000, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

I can see how you could have taken offense at that, and that, I assure you was not my intention. Let us start fresh. We do agree on many points, I have scratched the Raptor off my list of machines for myself, But not for my wife. I am still waiting on the 2001 release from all the manufactures. If you ever come to Tucson, I will definately buy you a beer.

Old 06-14-2000, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed, we are both on the same side of the issue and there is no sense in arguing amongst ourselves about something that was apparently just a misunderstanding anyway.

Later...

Old 06-14-2000, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

What a bunch of show off's with their Raptor
Just wait all you Yamaha people till Honda makes their big 600+ quad. (LOL)