ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Lowlife Bastard Ripping People At Atvtrader (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/121176-lowlife-bastard-ripping-people-atvtrader.html)

AtvBoy1 10-11-2003 07:58 PM

Lowlife Bastard Ripping People At Atvtrader

Watch out for this pile of puke posting at the Atvtraderonline with Rincons for 2500$. I saw the ads first listing as Greenville SC as a location but probably does this all over US. Then when I emailed him he said it was a great deal and that he was a re-seller.

I was curious of course and he sent me a phone number and said he was in Itlay on a buisness trip. He also said he would send the ATV to me if I would send him my address but if I could send half the money now it would be great.

I thinks, wow! This guy is awful anxious to sell for 2500$ and doesn't seemed to be worried I won't pay him. After I called the number I see the guy is from over seas somewhere and says, well if you send me 600$ for shipping I will ship it to you and you don't have to pay me until you receive the product. We talked for about 8 minutes I suppose which will be a big waste when I get the long distance bill.

He wants to use Western Union to transfer the funds and insists he makes his living as a re-seller. And if he wanted to scam me he would try for the entire amount of money.

I finally decided to try it and call his bluff even if it cost me 600$ but I was suspicious and thought there was no way he could make his claimed 3 day shipping delivery from Itlay.

Oh well I sent 600$ useing Western which ends up costing you 658$ for transfer charges but after calling Western Union to verify the transfer the woman there said it was a scam they had other people that had sent shipping money to Itlay for Atvs and weeks had went by with no delivery. They had been calling and complianing and she said there was nothing they could do if he didn't deliver the goods. She advised me to cancel for sure and said it had to be the same racket/outfit of lowlives.

He is also useing a woman's name for money shipping address and Milano Itlay as the city. He has several Rincons listen on Atvtrader at too good to be true prices.

stevendsm95gst 10-11-2003 08:57 PM

not to be harsh on you but i wouldnt ever buy anything unless i can put my hands on it. Online buying is going to crap.

aintnostoppinme1 10-11-2003 10:02 PM

Originally posted by: stevendsm95gst
not to be harsh on you but i wouldnt ever buy anything unless i can put my hands on it. Online buying is going to crap.
i agree

420EX 10-11-2003 11:32 PM

oh my god!!!!! i almost fell for one of those too!!!!! the guy offered me a 2003 yamaha raptor for $3300 and he lived in italy and supposedly needed the money, like a dumba$$ i believed him and was seriously thinking about buying it until the next day, i got 4 emails from other people in italy offering me great deals on very high end quads then it dawned on me, ::::[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]uh::::::: its a scam, i emailed them bac with some choice words and never heard from them again

alcoff95 10-11-2003 11:37 PM

At least a third of the photo feature ads are obvious scams. Brand new ATV's for one third of their selling price! Obvious fake phone numbers like (999) 444-7777. No location given other than some foreign country.

What pisses me off is that atvtrader is taking money from these scumbags and turning a blind eye.

Everyone should send them an email and let them know that what they are doing is unacceptable, and gives their site a bad reputation.

Trx440 10-12-2003 01:34 AM

I work for Trader Publishing and have notified the dot com division what is going on. The problem is that ads can be submitted online without ever speaking to a human and if you think about it, how would say a 45 year old woman who takes your ad know the value of something like an ATV? Auto Trader is also in Europe which doesn't throw up any red flags either. FYI, The Trader company is owned by Cox Communications, so if you have Cox Cable you know we have problems from time to time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] -RT

dirtroadrider 10-13-2003 03:47 AM

Come on and wakeup and smell the coffee.. If you not smart enough to see a rip off coming you need to have your money taken from you. The saying is IF ITS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, The seller is going on A SUCKER IS BORN EVERYDAY!!! who's next[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bing 10-13-2003 03:56 AM

oh my god!!!!! i almost fell for one of those too!!!!!
they dont call you 420ex for nothin

AtvBoy1 10-16-2003 09:51 PM

Well guys I just got back into town tonight and checked my email and sure enough he sent another message saying in fact that he has shipped the Atv to my address.

Below is that message.......

"I have sent you the atv as promised so you can see that I am a man of word . Also I have requested to the DHL Service to hold the honda untill you will deposit the money on my name . They have told me that you will receive it on 19th . I have also requested that they send you a confirmation in your email address .
You have my address where you need to make the payment from an Western Union office . In case you ahve forgotten , here is again:
name: Rebeca Mihai
address: Via Tunisia 120
City: Milano
zipcode:20131

Then I received this form the DHL Service.....

&nbs p; DHL Ship Notification

This notice is to alert you that a package is in transit to:

Full name: Edited out my name and addy.
Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:

This package was sent on 2003-10-14 at 19:00 p.m from:
Address: Paderno Dugniano 30
City:Milano, Country:ITALY,Zip Code:20131

And is scheduled for delivery on 2003-10-19

Additional Details:

DHL Service Level: AIR EXPRESS

Packaging Weight: 600 Lbs

Discription of goods:
HONDA 2003 FourTrax Rincon (condition--- very good,no scratches,no damages, clear title )

Owner name: Rebeca Mihai
The buyer will receive all the original papers and the prolonged warranty contracts.

NOTE: the customer payed for the delivery the total amount of 552 euro.

This communinication contains proprietary business information and may contain confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately destroy, discard, or erase this communication.

Please note that this E-mail was automatically generated by DHL E-mail services at the request of Shipper and any attempt to reply to this E-mail cannot and will not be answered or received by DHL or Shipper.

Important! The package is verified by DHL and it is in DHL carrier custody.We will send the product(s)shortly.

Trough this e-mail we have the pleasure to inform you that the bike has arrived. The sender wants the payment confirmation to be sent to:

full name:Rebeca Mihai ;address: Via Tunisia 120;city:Milano;Country:Italy;zip code:20131

Once you make the payment and send the details of the payment to the seller, we can deliver the bike to your shipping address.The seller will contact us after the money are received and give us the confirmation so that we can deliver the HONDA 2003 FourTrax Rincon .

& nbsp; Regards,

TEAM

Now he's wanting the payment sent to him. This guy is a hoot! i told ya the guy can barley speak english and he isn't much better at spelling it either. Also note the blurb above in the shipping confirmation were it says contact us after the money "are" received. I also tried to go to dhl.com and it doesn't exist. The confirmation contained some cute little graphics to go along with the above text.

Oh well, anybody experince anything like this before????????

MDE3 10-17-2003 03:29 AM

Well here goes.......no one likes to admit they were conned and I am no different. But maybe someone else will benefit from this.....other than laughing their @ss off at my misfortune.

Last year I advertised one of my 250X/35X conversions for sale in "atv connection classifieds" and got a response form Nigeria....flags went up immediately. The gist of the scam was that the buyer wanted my quad and supposedly had a dealer over here that owed him some money. Supposedly due to the cost of transferring money and exchanging it in Nigeria he would lose too much in the process and would I mind if he sent me a certified cheque for the entire amount owed him by this dealer of $11,200,. I was to keep the value of my quad and western Union him the balance which was $7800.00 less transfer charges, and then ship the quad when the shipper contacted me. The key was that he said, "once the cheque clears"(which makes his side actually "legal" because the check is sent by someone over here and although there is no doubt collusion involved it is very difficult to prove.) and then he asked for my particulars to arrange for a shipper over here to make arrangements to pick up the quad.

This went back and forth for a while and he insisted that I should not send the money until the "check had cleared." I figured....as suspicious as I was .....if the check has cleared ........why not?

I recieved a cashiers check drawn on Bank of California paper, and deposited in my checking account on Thursday afternoon about 2:30 pm. I waited untill the following Monday afternoon and went into my bank and asked if "funds were available" against that check. They said yes. I figured oh well it's amazing but I guess this is actually a legit transaction.

What I failed to realize was that by law, funds drawn against a cashiers check must be made available within 24 hours.........whether the check has cleared or not. So when I asked if "funds were available" that is NOT the same as "did the check clear" I faithfully sent the money on Monday afternoon, and lost $7800 (I never shipped the quad)

The check was returned as a countefeit cashiers check one hour after I had drawn out the funds. I found out the next day when my atm card showed a significent deficit as i went to draw some funds out at a WAWA buy a cup of coffee I then could not pay for lol. The FBI said two things....."you will never see your money again, and we can't do anything about it" I even had the same scam run on another ad this year.and I called the FBI to see if they wanted to set up some kind of sting.........they said they have no extradition or cooperation agreement with Nigeria.

A footnote......several months later (after I was conned) I recieved a call from Nigeria from a gentleman claiming to be the Vice President of Finance for Nigeria, and who said he had recieved an FBI notification of my victimization by some "notorious Nigerian criminals" and that to protect the "good name" of his country, he was willing to send me the amount of which I was defrauded. All I needed to do was give him the # of my checking account.........so he could wire the funds................

I told him that I would only accept Western Union..............I never heard from him again. This is a very common scam, and even though I thought I was safe........I got burned by the wording I used....pretty sophisticated scam which shows detailed knowledge of the loopholes in our banking system.. Hope someone else avoids doing the same thing from reading this.............feel my pain lol.