Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?

they were some inexpierianced riders, not the bikes fault

Old 11-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

When the rincon first came out one showed up at a atv pull and everybody was anxious to see how it did against the 700polaris that ripped the pulling sled down the track. The rincon hooked up,went full bore about 20feet and stopped. It couldnt even make the tires slip.

Then at a mx race this summer a rincon blew every other quad away with its smooth suspension in the ulility class.

Old 11-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

one word answer NO!!!it has plenty of power..

Old 11-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

well hd power who said anything about problems . arent we talking power . id just love to line my precious prairie up with your bad @ss rincon. Or we can hook them up in a pull off so i can drag you around . and everyone here knows the prairie is the MOST powerful utility on the market . put that in your ppipe and smoke it .

Old 11-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

ok my friend has a 02 Prairie 650, my other friend has a 03 rincon... both love their machines dearly and both machines are awsome nobody can argue with that.. but if you want POWER then definitely the prairie ive seen/experienced AMAZING things with this bike. and if you want less power better ride less aggressive riding then go for the Rincon.. both are great,fun cant go wrong machines but the praire has MORE power.... i just about got whiplash my first ride.. didnt want to listen when brian said not to go from stand still to wide open on the throttle... learned my lesson... now on the Rincon it has power.. but i figured meh..cant be as bad as the Praire and it wasnt it has smooth power, but it tends to whine sometimes, and needs another gear... but im not gonna say one machine is better becuase there is no comparison the PRAIRE WILL KICK THE RINCONS BUTT IN POWER,,, but if you want a smooth ride then pay another 1,000.00$$ and get the rincon... which will get stuck.. easier... and thats embarrasing to ask your friend to pull you out....

Old 11-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Did you think that intelligent response up yourself Trailhide or did you have some assistance?

You can have all the power in the world but without proper suspension and control that power is useless unless you can control it via a suspension system that it was designed for. The Rincon may not have as much power as the Prarie but it will hold its own , the Rincon may lack in power but will absolutely make up the difference on a trail.

I won't get into a pi$$ing match with you about who has the biggest and baddest machines...and frankly I could give a rats a$$ if you hooked up to my machine and dragged it all over the friggin world...and this is supposed to impress me? Not hardly.

And by the way pal...I don't own a pipe and I quit smokin years ago...and you sound like your really young with a comment like that...grow up kid.

Have a wonderful day.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

knew that would pi$$ ya off .why ya so up tight. chill out, if you read my first post you would see im not doging the rincon, then you come back and say your precious prairie. whatch what ya say to people and watch what ya quote it might bite you in the a$$. anyway you wont go wrong purchasing any or the quads in this thread duramax, choose one for your personal riding habits, ride them all then choose.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: PrairiePOwer2k3
which will get stuck.. easier... and thats embarrasing to ask your friend to pull you out....
LOL it would be embarrassing for anyone to get stuck.. I would assume yourself as well.

Have you been in a situation with your Prairie yet that you actually got stuck? I have been a couple of times but now I have a warn winch and I'm not worried about having to have a friend pull me out, I will unstick myself.

All these machines have different features that might make one more appealing than the other, it 's really all about what suits what riders for what condition. I am not a Mud Bugger, speed racer or stunt rider of any sort but my decision on the Rincon met my needs and riding style perfectly just as yours did for you. I'm not saying the Rincon can't be a great mudder but it requires additional after-market goodies to bring it to these levels.

Cheers ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: HdPower
Originally posted by: PrairiePOwer2k3
which will get stuck.. easier... and thats embarrasing to ask your friend to pull you out....
LOL it would be embarrassing for anyone to get stuck.. I would assume yourself as well.

yea its embarrasing when we get the bad a$$ praire stuck..LOL which ive only done twice. and the Rincon is a fun mudder, but i feel the Praire is more capapble... ive gotten both machines stuck,, and is embarrasing with either machine... but you cant go wrong with either machine.. its all what you like want in a quad.. and people that come bashing eacother is really immature, i think each quad has its strong points and weaknesses just depends which are mor important to you....
-tim

Old 11-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

Oh how I love to read posts that turn into the never ending battle of how my ATV can beat up your ATV. Every ATV has both good and bad features about it, why not except this fact and discuss the differences in an educated, professional manner....

Just my .02 cents worth....

Quick Reply: Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?