Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?

ummm... talk about educated, my last few posts just explained that both quads are great and you cant go wrong... try reading the last post.. before you post yours..
have a great night..
-tim

Old 11-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

yep yep yep. .02 cents thats like saying "put that in your pipe and smoke it. " (lol) did you really think i meant SMOKE IT [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Trailblazer

I did read your last few post prairie, I agree with them. I was referring to the some of the earlier ones from other people.

Now tell me why did you and trailride get so defensive???

Old 11-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey man these days i really dont think you can go wrong with any of the major company atv's. they are in the buisness for longevity and money and making atvs that are crap will get around quick. i have a 03 rincon about 700 miles on it. i love it and wouldnt trade it for any other. i dont think its so great that the others cannot compete. i think you need to list your needs and then match them to what each quad offers and their prices and your price range.
my brother rides a 03 gizz and my friend rides a 03 prairie. ive had my rincon up tp 65mph. the grizz and prairie are both faster to speed but top out at about the same, 65mph. lets face it 65mph down a trail is plenty fast.
all the major quads have their own pluses and minuses, the rincons to me (my opinion) are
-smooth ride at high speed
-auto trans with manual selectable
-great lcd display and info
-great looks
-honda rep for quality

things i would like to see improved on rincon
-engine breaking, not horrible but could use improvement
-better skid plates
-slightly larger racks, again not that their bad but could be bigger
i dont think you can go wrong with any of the top atv's sure people will say this one and that one are leagues above the rest but the ford vs chevy debate will go on forever you know how red necks can be vigilant lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
good luck and hope to see you on the trails.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading some of these responses, I wonder why some of you even own utility atv's. If your looking for raw power and/or speed, get a sport atv. If you want my two cents, the praire has the most power. But the lack of an idependent rear suspension makes for a harsh ride. If the bad ride doesn't bother you, the prarie is an excellent choice for the money. If you want an atv with the best ride and best tranny, ( my opinion) get the rincon. If you want a mudder, get the grizzly. And if you want breakdowns and headaches, get the polaris.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sp600towtruck
I can tell you that when we were at the Hatfield / McCoy Trailfest last month, we saw about 12-15 Rincons, and even after the rides, the majority were still clean!! They weren't getting them dirty. Then Sunday night at the mud pit, some guy on his brand new Rincon tried to go through the mud. Notice I said TRY! Abount half way through it stopped and didn't have the power to even turn the wheels. The wheels were turning about 1 revolution every 2-3 seconds, and he had the throttle wide open!! So, they might pull a wheelie and all but what would you rather be able to do, ride a wheelie or be able to actually ride through mud and not get pulled through. Needless to say he had to get pushed out.

On another note, we did see a Polaris Sportsman 600 and a Kawasaki Prairie 650 drive through without help, and their tires were spinning so fast they slung mud 15-20 feet into the air.
Typical polaris idiot. Key word here "NEW" Rincon. A brand new Rincon feels sorta weak. Wait til about 200-300 miles. You won't be thinking weak anymore. The Rincon has PLENTY of power for it's so-called "slushbox" tranny. I don't do mud, but if I run into it I can sling rooster tails 20-30 feet no problem. You won't be dissapointed with a Rincon. All of the haters dont own one. You will notice that from forum to forum.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Yellow650Rincon,

Why am I an idiot for just telling what I saw? When I said new, I didn't mean brand new-zero miles. It had around 400 miles on it. I'm sorry that you have to make excuses about the Rincon. My Sporstman 600 NEVER felt weak when it was new. Must just be a Honda thing.

I noticed your
I don't do mud
in your post. Rincons CAN'T do mud. It's not what they are for. They are for leisurely riding, that's it, nothing heavy duty.

So quit making excuses and go ride some wheelies or something.

Old 11-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Ok my mistake. I thought you meant brand new. And no it's not "just a honda thing". Nearly all of the Rincons don't have full power until after break in. You are right, it is not made for mud...one reason why I don't go mudding. But, I was just saying if I run into it I have no problem in it. Anyway, the Rincon was built and designed for high-speed sport and technical trail riding.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

Everybody thinks theirs is the best, but to answer the original question, no power problems at all. Personally I drove a P650 and thought the ride sucked compared to the Rincon. Bottom line is, your money, your choice.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

people buy what strikes thier fancy, I can say personally I have had no power problems or issues with mud. I work the hell out of my rincon on a farm and ride trails in northern WI. It's a great "sport utility" atv

Quick Reply: Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?