Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?

I am close to buying a Rincon but I keep reading these posts about the rinny being under powered. Is it really that noticeable? I put a deposit down on a Grizzley LE today and backed out a couple of hours later because I couldn't help but feel deep down that I wanted the Rincon. I am wondering if I made the right choice. The main thing I don't like about the Grizz is the belt drive but now I am wondering if I should learn to live with it. I know it boils down to what you like but this has me really concerned. I thought I could live with the lack of engine braking and drum brakes, etc, but now I am really second guessing myself. I would appreciate some more input and soon. Thanks

Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

just check out this article on the rincon, it's the truth. I love my rincon

http://atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=182215

Old 11-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

The bad that you hear are from a select few that have problems with their machines...the majority of the Rincon owners are very satisfied.

What I would do if I were you is go ahead and buy both...life is short why not...but seriously, both machines have there pros and cons, you just have to determine which one fits the bill. I use to ride my buddy's Griz all the time, then I test rode the Rincon...and that was all she wrote, I inked the deal the very next day and haven't look back.

Just remember you can have a problem with any brand....even Hondas on very rare occassions.

Good Luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

did you look at the prairies ,i love mine if power is an issue you should go test ride one . but if irs is an issue look at the new a/c 650. and yes i have heard and seen that the rincon is under powered.

Old 11-06-2003, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer

Can't say from personal experience, but from what I have read people are saying that it feels that way but in fact really isn't. The article in atvnews states this and I have read that a few times in this forum.

From what I have read, the majority of people are really happy with the Rincon and I can remember one guy saying that it felt like it was underpowered but when he looked at the speedo he was surprised see he was going that fast. Guys have been posting that they can pop wheelies all day long with their Rincons.

I am in the process of buying a new atv and have it narrowed down to the Rubicon and the Rincon. I am leaning more and more towards the Rincon every day, especially after reading the article on atvnews.

Good luck w/ your decision and keep us updated...

Old 11-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: trailride

: and yes i have heard and seen that the rincon is under powered.

That's odd...I've heard the same thing about the Prarie but does that mean that they are all like that? The fact of the matter is all machines including your precious Prarie can have problems, no machine is problem free. The people that complain about the Rinny being under powered must have some issues however it doesn't mean that they are all like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Mine is more than fast enough for whatever I want it to do...I have NO power issues.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

I just got a Rincon last month and couldn't be happier with my purchase! My bud has an 03 Grizzly which I've tried and I thought it not as refined as the Honda. By that I mean the Honda rides very smooth and is deceptively powerful and fast because it's so smooth. Maybe it's the radials? But I find myself floating over trails that I used to really have to pick my way through. At first I used the ESP Mode and now exclusively ride in Auto letting the trans do it's thing. The brakes are more than adequate and the engine braking too. This is my fourth 4x4 and can't get over how well designed this atv is. Whatever your choice you can't go wrong, but the Rincon is state of the art technology wise in my opinion.

Damguy

03 Rincon Grn
Warn 2.5
5' Mooseplow
Big Smile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]))

Trending Topics

Old 11-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, state of the art DRUM BRAKES....lol.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

My dad has a Rincon he sold his Grizzly 660 to buy it and he loves the Rincon. I rode it and the thing is super smooth and has plenty of power.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I can tell you that when we were at the Hatfield / McCoy Trailfest last month, we saw about 12-15 Rincons, and even after the rides, the majority were still clean!! They weren't getting them dirty. Then Sunday night at the mud pit, some guy on his brand new Rincon tried to go through the mud. Notice I said TRY! Abount half way through it stopped and didn't have the power to even turn the wheels. The wheels were turning about 1 revolution every 2-3 seconds, and he had the throttle wide open!! So, they might pull a wheelie and all but what would you rather be able to do, ride a wheelie or be able to actually ride through mud and not get pulled through. Needless to say he had to get pushed out.

On another note, we did see a Polaris Sportsman 600 and a Kawasaki Prairie 650 drive through without help, and their tires were spinning so fast they slung mud 15-20 feet into the air.

Quick Reply: Is the Rincon Really that Under Powered?