Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda's New Front Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2000, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of scrolling thru the Forums and listing problems?Rancheres seems to be blind to the problems posted in the Honda section of these Forums.

My Xplorer is NOT marginal at best in mud or wet trails,nor have I ever had a belt slip in ANY condition.If you did indeed ride an Xplorer,one can only think that your credit rating is poor,otherwise,you'd be owning one.=====LOL,==Bill

Old 06-20-2000, 09:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the over inflated egos of the Polaris boys on this forum. If someone would buy their machines for what there worth and sell them for what they think their worth that someone would be rich. You know, if their machines were as great as they think they are, Polaris might be outselling Honda.

Old 06-20-2000, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Rubione,No over inflated ego here.I just call em the way I see them,and it;s perfectly ok if you disagree.Im not calling my Xplorer great either,im just saying that it is a better mudder than any stock Honda I've ever ran across.That does;nt make it greater,just a better mudder.

Could it be that there are more ''Laid back'' ATVers in this country than we really think?

WHY ELSE WOULD HONDA OUTSELL POLARIS? [LOL]==Bill

Old 06-21-2000, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Yes Bill I see Honda has it's problems also, fact is all bikes break. But my point was some manufacturers bikes break more often, end of story.

Don't think I'll be puchasing an explorer anytime soon, I stick to 2-cycle in my weed whip and chain saw - and I prefer the relaiblity of a shaft. But I do believe that they are spunky and can mud.

Old 06-21-2000, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Lets not be so up-tight. I personally reply to threads like this for the entertainment value. This stuff cracks me up. I own a SP500 and love it. I have had some problems but the pros have outweighed the cons. I purchased a new Honda a year ago and it was OK to. It just wouldn't perform like the SP500. That is just my opinion.

I get the biggest kick out of the people that take all this serious. When I refer to you Honda Girls, I mean that in the most respectable way, and I understand why Honda is just coming out with an automatic. There is nothing worse than getting your skirt caught on the gear shifter.

Anyway, lighten up... or don't. I think it is funny, and I like reading threads like this.

Now, you girls get back to insulting one another.

Greg

Old 06-21-2000, 09:09 PM
Range Rover

Bill,
Why else would Honda out sell Polaris? Uh, Better machine.

Old 06-21-2000, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

gregsims,
I agree, it is fun. If you have thin skin and can't take ribbing you don't need to be here. The fact is , with the money we pay for these atv's they all better be good. I hope my Rubicon does as good a job for me as my 1988 350 Foreman has. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I'll take that back, I did have to replace a headlight due to water getting in it. I had the machine for 9 years before this happened.

Old 06-25-2000, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Lets get one thing clear, right now. I have heard it from EVERY atv dealer I have ever been to. "What, in your opinion, is the best all around ATV.?" "Oh, well, Hondas last the longest, and they are by far the best well built quad."
Why do you think Honda are the most popular and best selling atv? Why do you think the Honda forum has the most posts? Because Hondas are the best ALL AROUND ATV. My front diff. on my Rancher works AS ADVERTISED. I would not say this if it wasnt true. I can admit, Polaris ATV's are nice, and occasionally one does outproform me on the steep trails, but they are allways have much more displacement, meaning Hondas middleweight ATV's are allmost on the same level as Polaris's big bore models.
Well getting back to topic, I would just like to say that my front diff. does work, once My right tire was in the water, and the other on a firm log, and the tire in the water started to spin, but all I had to do was give the handlebars a jiggle and the left tire pulled me right out of the waterhole.
Well thats my opinion.

Old 06-25-2000, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider

, meaning Hondas middleweight ATV's are allmost on the same level as Polaris's big bore models.

You have got to be kidding on this one you forgot the "smiley face" or the "LOL" or the "hehehe" I mean come on has anybody ever saw a honda middleweight that was in comparison to the Polaris big boys as in for number how about cc's, uh you know power. And I don't want a half million honda riders jumping me but if you do so be it but how do you compare all the stuff you don't get on the middleweight rancher as to all the stuff you do get on the Polaris big bores. Like more torquey and powerful engine, IRS, water cooling, disc brakes, bigger rideing seat, more ground clearance, and since you rancher does work like it is suppose to what if you had one tire on the log and the other one up in the air and you didn't have to worry about pumping the brakes or turning the wheel or holding your head just right.
And fellows don't get your pantys in a bunch on this one but no middleweight compares to the big boys maybe the rubicon will give the Sportsman a somewhat run for its money but it won't be the middleweight. Doesn't it make sense if the middleweight was compareable to the big bore Polaris then why are they makeing a Rubicon with the more added features than there middleweight model...And no I am not a Honda hater before somebody comes up with that one I own a 83 Honda CR 125cc dirt bike that I love very much and I even tried to keep up with when my local Honda shop got one of the Rubicons in so I could go down and check it out...It only lasted an hour on the show room floor seems the Rubicons are going like hot cakes, I would really like to see one and try it out, hope Honda floods the market with them before the new wears off of them, I think this would be a smart marketing strategy for Honda.

Old 06-25-2000, 06:10 AM
Pro Rider

No middleweight quad,regardless of brand name is on the same level as the big bores.I dont care who manufactures the quad.The smaller cc quads lack the power to go and do the same things as the bigger cc boys do.Hill climbing is only one example of smaller cc vs larger cc quads.I've seen several times where the smaller cc quads just could'nt acheive the neccessary wheel speed to conquer long and twisty hills and watch the bigger cc quad cake walk the same hill.

Mud?
Last yr,this guy on a 300cc Honda 4x4 was showing off at out local riding area in the mud.Natural[mudding] instincts allowed me to follow.He than took me to a mud pit that he did'nt make.Myself,being on the 500cc Sportsman at the time,had run thru this pit like it were'nt even there.This was the last time I seen that Honda guy all afternoon.Yes,he was indeed shown up by a larger cc 4x4.

So much for your thought on Honda's smaller cc quads being on the same level as Polaris bigger bore quads.It dont matter who makes the quad,there are certain circumstances where smaller CCs just dont cut it.My above examples are just a few instances that I've seen in my riding experiences.

''Dont worry'' ''Be Happy'' cause,
I will pull you out.====Bill

Quick Reply: Honda's New Front Differential