ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Does your rancher front differential work the way it is suppose to (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/12734-does-your-rancher-front-differential-work-way-suppose.html)

atving 06-19-2000 11:26 PM

Hello fellows I started this link to get an ideal to see if the front differential is working the way Honda has advertised it to...please answer this if you own one or know a friend who's is either working the way it should or shouldn't. This was brought about because of me being called a liar because I said a forman steered better than a rancher I owned...please be honest as I HAVE everyone would like to know on this one....

cartman308 06-20-2000 12:19 AM

no problems as of yet. it works as advertised. only have a little over 100 miles on it. plan to put alot more on it this weekend :)

alaskaweasel 06-20-2000 04:42 AM

Totally honest, compared to my dads Honda400 and my Rancher. The steering is i feel about if not the same. So even though i don't agree with atving very often, i feel it fair to say it is close enough that i couldn't really say the Rancher was better steering. However climbing and mudding the front diff. really works. My dads 400 wouldn't go up a incline about only 15 ft. before the limit of the limited slip showed. My rancher climbed the entire hill with ease. When one of my front tires broke loose the other one pulled. It was a steep long encline also, the new diff is for real, atleast on mine.

gregsims 06-20-2000 10:43 AM

Someone go out to your garage andjack up your rancher and put it into gear. You can hold one of the front wheels from turning with one hand. Trail conditions differ and anyone just riding it will notice occasionally bot wheels pull. OCCASIONALLY they do. This will answer this question for everybody. I could be wrong but I believe High Lifter did this test and the Honda Differential did not work as advertised.

PS. Who is this Sledder guy that gets so much abuse?

Greg

snowshark 06-20-2000 11:44 AM

The Rancher differential does work as advertised. I have purposely sat in a mud hole, a little off cambered, so that one wheel was in the air & yes the one wheel in the did spin slowly a couple of times but damn, guess what the one wheel, the one on the ground was pulling!

Hey baby just as advertised, it works. Maybe the older or original one had a problem.

400 miles no problems, except for some scratches. I love these supposed experts that have never ridden the machine!

rancheres 06-20-2000 11:47 AM

works excellent, not a problem. quit bothering us.

lablover 06-20-2000 12:00 PM

Snowshark is correct. I've got 200 miles on my Rancher ES 4x4, and it works fine. I stuck my Tahoe the other day, got it out ok, and then rode the Rancher thru the same area pulling a 5'x8' trailer with over 375 lbs on it. All 4 wheels were spinning and throwing mud, mostly on me! At no time did the atv act like it was going to get stuck.

walexa 06-20-2000 03:35 PM

No need to get upset. Greg is right; the best way to test the front differential is to jack the whole bike off the ground, put it in gear, and try to hold one of the front wheels and see if the other turns. Limited slips can be deceiving if both wheels are loaded the same or close to the same, in that both wheels will spin. It sounds that from some of the replies, that it may actually work. However, I've heard some guys state that it didn't work. We just want to know for sure. If it doesn't work, it's not your fault, but faulty advertisement by Honda.

atving 06-20-2000 03:37 PM

Hey rancheres if you don't like the post I write go somewhere else last time I checked anyone could post where they wanted if you you don't want to answer them or read them go the H#LL somewhere else you are nothing but a d#m trouble maker...grow up that is what these forums are for nobody want to hear your cry baby Sh#t

cartman308 06-21-2000 01:14 AM

best way to test a quad is on the trails in the mud.....not in a garage on jackstands......