ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   How do you un-govern the Rancher??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/137935-how-do-you-un-govern-rancher.html)

ILUVMYLADY 02-12-2004 01:04 PM

How do you un-govern the Rancher???

I read on hear that the Rancher has a gonernor on it and that this guy messed with it and now his rancher goes almost 60mph. Is this true? If so, how do you do this???????

maddog56 02-12-2004 07:37 PM

My rancher sounds pretty wound out at the 50 top end it has now, I cant see getting another 10 out of it without blowing it up. Ive got some new 26" mudlites that will probably help my top speed out though.

Polaris500HO4x4 02-12-2004 08:06 PM

60???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] my buddie has a 450 and its redlining at 52 i dont see it going anyfaster with out the rev limitor

Polaris500HO4x4 02-12-2004 08:07 PM

o and by the way just think of your honda as a really fast tractor

WoodsRuner 02-12-2004 08:20 PM

The rpm limiter is part of the ICM module. It can be replaced with one that allows higher rpms, but it isn't
a good idea. The Rancher has a pushrod engine that does not take too well to high rpms. Over rev it and it will get damaged.

ILUVMYLADY 02-12-2004 08:30 PM

Thanks for the info. I know my rancher sounds like it is pushing out about as much rpms as it can take right now. When I first got it I took it up in the high 40s but now with the terrain I ride in 30 to 35 feels like 70 to me. I must be getting older.... In my teens and twentys I could never go fast enough. Now with wife, kids, bills, etc. the world seems like it's spinning alot faster so I don't have too.

Rancherat400 02-12-2004 08:49 PM

I am going to start riding my Rancher AT in the opposite direction the world is turning. I want to go back in time when things were less stressful and more pleasurable. I am 52 and just getting on a quad and going 10 miles an hour is a blast. When you get older, you realize the need for speed is really a need to control something.

When you get older you appreciate that you can only control yourself.

WoodsRuner 02-12-2004 09:17 PM

Rancherat400, we share an age group. I will be 52 in 6 weeks. Started riding quads at 34, when I bought a 125
for my daughter who was 8 at the time. We have both been riding ever since.

I lost my need for speed rather early, having had a motorcycle accident at 19 that really screwed me up.
Settled me down too. Since then speed has not been much of a priority.

Rancherat400 02-12-2004 10:58 PM

I use to drive my cousins 1970 Charger 383 engine, I would bury the needle above 150 plus mph. The adrenalin rush was too much. After buddy was picked up in pieces in his Boss 302, I settled down. I was 18 years old.

Now the Rancher At more than fits my need for getting out in the country.

Buzzman 02-13-2004 02:47 AM

Wow....I'm not the only old timer here! I'm 51..don't feel a day over 50. My Foreman tops out at 45. I don't know why it's a little slower than most, but it kind of suits me. The Mudlites probably add a little to that top speed. Fun is over now....gotta go spend a week on the truck. Play nice.