Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hey can someone be honest with me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey can someone be honest with me?

I would go 400ex!! I have already outgrown my 300ex in a year, it will not last you through HS and a Warrior won't either! Go for the 400ex, great to learn on, but one of the best quads about a year ago! (I did not say best, I said ONE of the best so please don't kill me people)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

stick with honda
i was the same way when i first rode a dirtbike. trust me its not really that hard to drive the manuel clutch bikes and quads
get the honda. it will last u thru high school. plus like stated so manytimes earlier, there are so many parts out there its unimaginable.
theyre really solid built bikes that really take some abuse. im not saying that u should put it through hel.
dont forget to look for used bikes too. ive been lookin lately for one as well and have found some really nice ones for around 2500. and theyre the ones with some nice mods to them.
dont forget thats its your decision. we're just trying to help you make a good decision and get something that wont drain your bank acount.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

just get a honda.. 400ex is perfect beileve me if you got like a 250 or a 300 you would be cravibg for more power ina month... Get a used like 98 400ex.... you can usually by the local from a cycle trader and the older ones usually have a little bit of slip on's.. You will be happy and learn manual clutch fast.. Just ride it in a feild and go slow.... As for mud you can just hoover over it... or go into it... Put some mudding tires on a 400ex and you will be set and ready top go have fun man

Old 04-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

thx guys

Old 04-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

dont worry about manual shifting man. all it takes is some practise. it took me 1 day of riding my YFZ to learn, i rode a 350 honda before so i didnt really know clutch and i was afraid too but i got the hang of it really quickly. as for which quad you get it depends. If you want to smoke your friends all the way till high school the 400ex will probably lack power. it is air cooled, low-tech 400cc machine that is long past its prime. sure it'll b e plently fast for the first few months but once you become more experienced you will probably want more power. honda makes bulletproof quads but i havent heard of many probs for suzuki owners. So to sum it all up i recommend the Z-400, is faster, looks nicer, has TONS of aftermarket parts for it and you can work on it and you better believe that your friends will be following you the whole way.

Old 04-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Range Rover

dude do not go with the crappy 250s go with the 400ex perfect fit for you. Im 12, 100lbs, 4'11 1/2 and i ride a 300ex and i love it. I have riden a 400ex and it is so nice and smooth riding that i wanted it. go to my page and look at some pictures of me and you will figure how small you lwould look on a 250 peice of crap. C U later

Old 04-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

The hond 400EX is a great bike for you. My boys learned how to use it with the clutch. My youngest was 10 and my oldest was 13. Its just take some practice.
I like the Blaster also. This is a bike that you can ride, and as years go along invest some money and it will be a great bike. I ride my sons Blaster, I am 5'9 and 215lbs. With a +4 axle and a-arms, ans swingarm it will be a bad @ss bike.
BUt the Honda will take you through High School and then some. As long as you do your maintence.

Have fun.

Old 04-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go w/ the 400EX

Old 04-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

slimgoody: i know exactly where you are man. i only started riding a year ago. I was 15, 6' and weighed about 145lbs. i rented a 400EX for an hour jus to try it to see if i could handle something that "big" it took me the better part of the hour to get down the shifting, and i still had problems getting moving from a stop. I decided that the 300EX would be a better fit. about 4 months later i was wanting something faster, and more powerful. i ended up gettin a 400EX (luckily my mom wanted 3 quads so my bro, her, and me could ride together. we had a 250EX 300EX, and i jus got a 450R). the 400EX was a bad idea cuz we bought it used from a shady guy, and half the stuff on it started braking. if u get one from a reputable source then u'll be fine. i'm tellin u this cuz i have a feeling that your going to outgrow the 300EX pretty quick. of course u can bore it out, and do a bunch of other modifications, but the 400EX only costs $500 more than the 300EX. my advice...go with the 400EX.

Old 04-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Buy a 400ex used! ALso look for one that is stock. The 400ex stock is just about indestructable. It is so low maintanance it is a great bike. I say stay away from ones with mods just because that adds a whole lot to the mix. If they didn't know what they were doing you will have troubles. A stock bike is the way to go used unless you know the person really well! Well good luck & get the 400EX!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hey can someone be honest with me?